Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: LOL at sparty fans.

Go down 
+3
Go_Blue
joe
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OT: LOL at sparty fans. Empty
PostSubject: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:54 am

I was at the bar tonight talking to a friend of mine who happens to be a rather large sparty fan (and despite what most sparty fans say, he did not go there). Anyway, somehow we got on the topic of sparty being a horrible school (OK, I may have brought it up). He agrued that sparty is a great school, to which I asked him what is their best-program and I told him that you cannot count teaching as "Those who can do, those who can't teach". He said that sparty has a world re-known nuclear physics program. He added that sure it isn't medicine or law or any common program but that they are the best at it. So then I jumped on that and said, "OK, you claim to have an elite nuclear program. Ya know, Iran is currently trying to develop nuclear weapons. So in esscence sparty is helping Iran develop Weapons of Mass Destruction." He didn't take to kindly to that and vehemently denied any association to Iran. That's when I replied, "Ya know, as a developing nuclear program Iran is going to want to get the top-notch information. If sparty is, as you claim an elite school in nuclear physics, I guarantee Iran is talking to, or at the very least, reading information from the sparty nuclear program. Therefore, I bet that you'll see more green-S's in Iran than block-M's." He said that's a rather large conclusion to jump to. I disagree, what do you think?

This is the same guy who tried to argue that bouncey-ball Basketball players are better athletes than hockey players. The guy just doesn't have a clue, which is evidenced by being a sparty fan...

Twisted Evil

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:17 am

Lol

"How to win friends and Influence people"

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:38 am

To be honest, I have several friends who are Sparty grads and they are all prety good people. Many of them have very good jobs and are making a difference in society. I don't hate MSU at all. Since leaving MLive and not having to listen to the morons that spew nonsense, I find myself falling back into my old way of thinking. MSU is a fine school. No it is not in the same academic stratosphere as UM, but it still has some very good programs and a sheepskin from there is still an achievement.

Now, for me, it is about the Big Brother/Little Brother rivalry. And to be honest, they currently have bragging rights. That should change this year and the Universe will return to normal.

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:56 am

How about the infamous "Supply Chain Management" degree? I hear they're pretty good at that, whatever the hell it may be.

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Well Dog, I refuse to defend them however "Supply Chain Management" is fairly important because it determines how the world buys and sells wares.

So I won't laugh at that just like a General Studies degree shouldn't be laughed at.

But back to the coments by Go_blue, I too am finding myself getting back to "normal" after leaving that hellhole.

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:58 pm

What did I miss...MSU is a great school. Didn't go there but it has really good academics. Can't stand most of their fans though.
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:19 pm

MSU is a good school, but I find Spartan grads attitude of "You're a UM fan that didn't go to UM, that must mean you didn't go to college or you went to a shit school." There are other great schools in the state of Michigan. Kalamazoo, Albion, Calvin, Hope just to name a few. I find MSU grads ignorant and arrogant about college education.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 am

Wolverdog wrote:
How about the infamous "Supply Chain Management" degree? I hear they're pretty good at that, whatever the hell it may be.

A.K.A.- Pizza Delivery...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 am

eGrandpa wrote:
MSU is a good school, but I find Spartan grads attitude of "You're a UM fan that didn't go to UM, that must mean you didn't go to college or you went to a shit school." There are other great schools in the state of Michigan. Kalamazoo, Albion, Calvin, Hope just to name a few. I find MSU grads ignorant and arrogant about college education.

Yea, I like to shut them up by saying, "What's the matter, couldn't get in?" and flash my graduation ring... Cool

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Well Hell, I couldn't get in!! Rein it back in!! lol   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:33 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
eGrandpa wrote:

Yea, I like to shut them up by saying, "What's the matter, couldn't get in?" and flash my graduation ring... Cool
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:46 am

Go_Blue, the thing is you're not a sparty fan. I'd never be cocky and arrogant to you or any other Michigan fan (unless they asked for it). That behavior is exclusively for sparty fans/alumni...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 am

I got in, but couldn't swing the out-of-state tuition. Hell, I'm 40k in debt and I stayed in-state. Can only imagine what I'd be paying monthly right now had I taken on more debt to go elsewhere.

Oh well. Had a hell of a time in Bloomington....recently named #1 party school in the country about a week or two ago (and on the side, they've got some pretty damn good academics as well, if you're into that sorta thing lol!)

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:41 am

Admin wrote:
I got in, but couldn't swing the out-of-state tuition. Hell, I'm 40k in debt and I stayed in-state. Can only imagine what I'd be paying monthly right now had I taken on more debt to go elsewhere.

Oh well. Had a hell of a time in Bloomington....recently named #1 party school in the country about a week or two ago (and on the side, they've got some pretty damn good academics as well, if you're into that sorta thing lol!)

I knew about IU being a big-time party school but the academics I heaerd the opposite. Both from a couple alumns and the rankings. Not saying anything, apprently it was great for you!

http://www.usnews.com/education/articles/2010/03/15/athletic-conference-breakdown-2010-big-ten

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:42 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Admin wrote:

I knew about IU being a big-time party school but the academics I heaerd the opposite. Both from a couple alumns and the rankings. Not saying anything, apprently it was great for you!

http://www.usnews.com/education/articles/2010/03/15/athletic-conference-breakdown-2010-big-ten

Top B-Schools: http://kelley.iu.edu/about/rankings.html

Top Journalism Schools: http://education-portal.com/top_10_journalism_schools.html

Graduate Program Rankings: http://info.law.indiana.edu/news/page/normal/17756.html

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: LOL at sparty fans.   OT: LOL at sparty fans. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: LOL at sparty fans.
Page 1 of 1