Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
dwoody
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. Empty
PostSubject: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:04 pm

I've always liked Schilling but this was stupid.

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-mlb/ddrysdale/curt-schilling-compares-muslim-extremists-to-german-nazis-gets-pulled-from-llws/42666/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Detroit%20Sports%20Nation&utm_content=Curt%20Schilling%20compares%20Muslim%20extremists%20to%20German%20Nazis,%20gets%20pulled%20from%20LLWS

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Schilling always struck me as an asshole and this supports that feeling.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 6:30 am

I haven no problem with it and can't figure out why Americans are coddling to the Islamic extremists l
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:41 am

Just as the vast majority of what we call "christians" are not right wing whack jobs, so are not all Islamists extremists. Schilling is prejudiced and is getting at least what he deserves.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 9:59 am

The tweet even showed a small percentage are extremists, but it was also a small percentage of nazis in Germany. Still cause a lot of death and destruction.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:31 am

Tend to agree with you Fish. This illustrates where I believe Trumps popularity currently is coming from. We are too f-Ing pc. Not all Germans were Nazis. The graphic, IMO is merely illustrating parallels.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:34 am

As I said on the other board, the point here may have been that a small percentage of radicals together with a larger percentage of enablers/look the other way types, can be a dangerous combination. Radical Islam is a huge threat (not the only threat) to the world. I am mystified that people continue to deny that.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 12:49 pm

I am just saying that radical anything, including Christianity, is a threat to the world. Plus, this place has been boring lately!
We need some football....
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 12:59 pm

dwoody wrote:
I am just saying that radical anything, including Christianity, is a threat to the world. Plus, this place has been boring lately!

Nobody is disagreeing with that, but show me, in the present time, where radical christains are killing and bombing people..

I don't like what the Westboro church does either, but they don't hurt anyone, they just embarrass themselves.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:42 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
dwoody wrote:

Nobody is disagreeing with that, but show me, in the present time, where radical christains are killing and bombing people..

I don't like what the Westboro church does either, but they don't hurt anyone, they just embarrass themselves.

'fish asked so I answered.

In true Mlive-esque fashion, BOOM!

http://aattp.org/here-are-8-christian-terrorist-organizations-that-equal-isis/

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 4:45 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
dwoody wrote:

OK, I clicked on the link and did a little investigating. Number one example on the list is something called The Lord's Resistance Army a personality cult group (which may have between 200 and 700 fighters today) and which per Wiki:

"The LRA's ideology is disputed among academics.[29][56] Although the LRA has been regarded primarily as a Christian militia,[57][58][59][60][61][62][63] the LRA reportedly evokes Acholi nationalism on occasion,[64] but many observers doubt the sincerity of this behaviour and the loyalty of Kony to either ideology"

Though reference is made to the 10 Commandments I note that "During the Christmas of 2008, the LRA massacred at least 143 people and abducted 180 at a concert celebration sponsored by the Catholic Church in Faradje in the Democratic Republic of Congo."

Uganda as in much of Africa has a long history of tribal warfare and different tribes slaughtering each other. Other examples given arise out of the Catholic/Protestant violence in Northern Ireland, which I would point out is Christian v Christian, and even the KKK (and how relevant is the KKK today?

This is all part of a website designed by a self-styled "anti tea party" group which claims that this demonstrates that all of this is proof that Christian radicals are equivalent and no different to Islamic radicals (Isis, Hezbollah, Boko Haram, Al Quaeda, et al). This is preposterous on the face of it. I would also point out that none of these groups are claiming they want death to America or are inciting acts of terrorism here in the name of their religion. False equivalencies are used to justify a lot of bad behavior. Don't fall for it.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 4:51 pm

wshoes wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
dwoody wrote:

OK, I clicked on the link and did a little investigating. Number one example on the list is something called The Lord's Resistance Army a personality cult group  (which may have between 200 and 700 fighters today) and which per Wiki:

"The LRA's ideology is disputed among academics.[29][56] Although the LRA has been regarded primarily as a Christian militia,[57][58][59][60][61][62][63] the LRA reportedly evokes Acholi nationalism on occasion,[64] but many observers doubt the sincerity of this behaviour and the loyalty of Kony to either ideology"

Though reference is made to the 10 Commandments I note that "During the Christmas of 2008, the LRA massacred at least 143 people and abducted 180 at a concert celebration sponsored by the Catholic Church in Faradje in the Democratic Republic of Congo."

Uganda as in much of Africa has a long history of tribal warfare and different tribes slaughtering each other. Other examples given arise out of the Catholic/Protestant violence in Northern Ireland, which I would point out is Christian v Christian, and even the KKK (and how relevant is the KKK today?

This is all part of a website designed by a self-styled "anti tea party" group which claims that this demonstrates that all of this is proof that Christian radicals are equivalent and no different to Islamic radicals (Isis, Hezbollah, Boko Haram, Al Quaeda, et al). This is preposterous on the face of it. I would also point out that none of these groups are claiming they want death to America or are inciting acts of terrorism here in the name of their religion. False equivalencies are used to justify a lot of bad behavior. Don't fall for it.

Thanks shoes. I was actually taking the time to research these, but you did a great job and saved me the time.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Just curios, what are you trying to say 'shoes?

I'll give you another site...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/15/yes-there-are-christian-terrorists.html

and here's another

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/07/6_modern_day_christian_terrorist_groups_our_media_conveniently_ignores_partner/

and yet another

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:26 pm

This is going no where and will not end well.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:59 pm

You are grasping at straws when you link anything from Salon. It is the most liberal rag available and it is nothing but a bunch of guilty white liberals trying to convince everyone that white people are bad.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 pm

I'll repeat: it is a false equivalency. Do people or groups do barbaric things while claiming Christian values? Yes there are examples. Are they equal in terms of organization, money, and innocent people killed, to Islamic extremists? Do they have thousands of fighters, hundreds of people willing to commit suicide to kill those of different religious beliefs? Do they seek a caliphate to rule the world (not sure what the Christian equivalent of a Caliphate would be? Are they on a path to obtain nuclear weapons and ICBMs to deliver them?

Have they vowed to destroy an entire nation? Do they call upon a holy war against the US and call for acts of terrorism within our country? Now, in 2015?

It is not equal, the one doesn't mean we should not fear and be realistic about the other. This minority of Islamic militants has an outsize influence and impact. Have you read the Qu'ran? I have. Yes, there are passages which can lead to more than one interpretation as with most religious texts. But it is alarming to me how very many passages in the Qu'ran do indeed support the actions of the militants.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 2:22 am

Just because one is worse than the other that does not justify the lesser evil.

And thank you Mgo for reminding me not to discuss this stuff anymore.  Go Blue!!!

MgoBlue wrote:
This is going no where and will not end well.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:23 am

You are right MGo. We are a week away from the season starting and we need to unite as UM fans. Maybe this thread needs to go.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:46 am

Religion and/or religious hatred is the largest cause of death in the history of the human race. This is never going to change as long as we populate this planet. Extremists are never going to wake up one morning with an epiphany, and show up at work with a balloons and a Hello Kitty lunch box and a change of heart.

Live your life, believe what you want to believe, knowing you may get caught in the cross fire when the crap hits the fan.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:21 am

+10, EJ and it is present on ALL sides....nothing further, back to football.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:17 pm

lol at the whackjob liberals in this thread.

Hurry, get offended by something it's already past noon!

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 3:32 pm

See, Jake didn't do it:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2587173-michigan-te-jake-butts-twitter-celebrates-spartans-loss-brother-takes-blame?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=michigan-wolverines-football

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.   OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: More evidence that Twitter is evil.
Page 1 of 1