Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two [pointless] points to make...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Two [pointless] points to make... Empty
PostSubject: Given all the crap we've taken...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 1:25 pm

...from Spartan fans (esp. trolls), their players, and even their coach (remember the "punish-you-for-that-flag-plant" TD), am I the only one on this board who would flat-out love to see MSU lose out???

"Two and ten" seems to have a nice ring.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Me too, but they won't.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 7:55 am

First off, it was not happy news hearing of Brian Lewerke's broken leg. True enough, injuries are part of the game...but they're always disheartening, to friends or foes alike...here's wishing the kid a thorough recovery, and hopefully, a continued CFB career.

Secondly, I cut-n-pasted this from Nick B:  

Dantonio again lamented his team’s missed opportunities in the loss to Michigan while trying to get his team to regroup heading into the week of preparation for a trip to Illinois on Saturday.

Getting his 2-6 team (0-6 since ND game) to "regroup"?  Guess I'm not coaching material, because I'd be less daunted by the task of regrouping the molecules of the Great Crab Nebula...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 8:23 am

michmike wrote:
First off, it was not happy news hearing of Brian Lewerke's broken leg. True enough, injuries are part of the game...but they're always disheartening, to friends or foes alike...here's wishing the kid a thorough recovery, and hopefully, a continued CFB career.[/i]...

I didn't even see Lewerke get hurt. It must have been on the 4th down sack by Peppers, because he didn't return for the final drive, it was O'Conner. To bad for him, because he does appear to be the future for MSU at QB. This may stunt is development, depending on how long his recovery takes.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 10:46 am

Think there is a chance they could lose out. Sat was their chance for redemption of sorts. Not much to play for now
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 10:51 am

wshoes wrote:
Think there is a chance they could lose out. Sat was their chance for redemption of sorts. Not much to play for now

Supposedly MSU used half the Maryland week as prep for UM. Not sure if that is true, but I've read it a few places. I think that indicates that they gave up on the season and only wanted that win, if true. Maryland was beatable, but they looked unprepared and uninspired in that game. A week later, they come out like gangbusters. Although the game was pretty much in UM's control from 14-7 on. Didn't look like the same team.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 10:35 pm

I just really don't see how they could lose to Illinois. Illinois is BAD.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 6:32 am

0-5, 2-6 (MSU) isn't good. Illinois had lesser expectations coming in, by far, I could see it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 5:45 pm

wshoes wrote:
0-5, 2-6  (MSU) isn't good. Illinois had lesser expectations coming in, by far, I could see it.

A 2-10 sparty team would be fantastic, but I just can't see it. Sure, sparty has very little left to play for but you'd have to think that they have some degree of pride?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 6:43 pm

"Some degree of pride," Bo?  You may be too young to remember, though I know Shoes probably does (sorry for the implicit barb, guy)---a song by Jim Stafford, "Swampwitch"?   Warning you to "Stay off the track of Hattie's shack---in the back of the Black Bayou!"

Late in the song, a line runs:

There ain't much pride when you're trapped inside a slowly-sinking ship...

I think that may have applicability to the "subject" (team) of your comment, Bo!!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 2:08 am

michmike wrote:
"Some degree of pride," Bo?  You may be too young to remember, though I know Shoes probably does (sorry for the implicit barb, guy)---a song by Jim Stafford, "Swampwitch"?   Warning you to "Stay off the track of Hattie's shack---in the back of the Black Bayou!"

Late in the song, a line runs:

There ain't much pride when you're trapped inside a slowly-sinking ship...

I think that may have applicability to the "subject" (team) of your comment, Bo!!!

I can't believe that I'm still able to say this but yes I am too young. Trust me, they still have some pride left. As much as I despise them they still are Division I athletes. The hockey team OTOH.... lol!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 7:01 am

michmike wrote:
"Some degree of pride," Bo?  You may be too young to remember, though I know Shoes probably does (sorry for the implicit barb, guy)---

No worries Mike. Since we are of the same class (year), no barb is possible from you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two [pointless] points to make...   Two [pointless] points to make... Empty

Back to top Go down

Two [pointless] points to make...
Page 1 of 1