Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2018 AP Preseason All-America team

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2018 AP Preseason All-America team Empty
PostSubject: 2018 AP Preseason All-America team   2018 AP Preseason All-America team EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 2:43 am

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-ap-preseason-all-america-team-clemsons-d-line-wisconsins-o-line-are-well-represented/

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: 2018 AP Preseason All-America team   2018 AP Preseason All-America team EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 6:38 am

Preseason all-star teams are so much bullshit. I guess the stories fill space, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: 2018 AP Preseason All-America team   2018 AP Preseason All-America team EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 8:02 am

dwoody wrote:
Preseason all-star teams are so much bullshit. I guess the stories fill space, but that's about it.

SPOT-ON, Woody.

I harken back to an Operations Research class I had at U-M my junior year. While explaining god-knows-how-many different statistical distribution types, our professor (of whom I thought highly) pointed this out: "You can crank up the models, and the formulas, to the end
of the earth, but---since you use EXISTING demand/consumption data---there is always one weakness: you are assuming, to at least some
degree, that THE FUTURE WILL BE LIKE THE PAST."

Ahem. Can we think of another "field of endeavor" to which that applies??????

[And not just a team overall: but also individual returning players and their PRIOR-YEAR performance...]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 AP Preseason All-America team   2018 AP Preseason All-America team Empty

Back to top Go down

2018 AP Preseason All-America team
Page 1 of 1