Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... Empty
PostSubject: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 2:07 pm

...has never, anywhere, coached at any level other than the HEAD coaching position.

He simply doesn't FIT the mold of an assistant coach, given his basketball savvy/ingenuity/comprehension...all second to NONE.

I know this: were I he, I know I would have a tough time having to take being told what to do (and/or living with another
man's decisions regarding the team)...

As a parallel: I'm sure most if not ALL of us have at one time or another worked for someone who knew less about the
job and its details than did we. And did any of us LIKE that arrangement????
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 2:59 pm

But bosses aren't supposed to know details. Bosses jobs are to manage people and to put the correct people in the job.

I have worked for numerous people who knew less about the workings of my job than I.

The best salesman may not be the best sales director. The best machine operator is probably not the best floor supervisor. and so on.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 am

joe wrote:
But bosses aren't supposed to know details. Bosses jobs are to manage people and to put the correct people in the job.

I have worked for numerous people who knew less about the workings of my job than I.

The best salesman may not be the best sales director. The best machine operator is probably not the best floor supervisor. and so on.

OK, Joe, let me augment my assertion. I was thinking of a boss I had 10+ years ago who not only knew little of the systems design world (which perhaps WASN'T her job), but had scarcely the vaguest idea of who to assign to what job, informing management of REALISTIC target dates, etc.

AND...cases where the person plopped into the supervisory role has NO BUSINESS in that given department.

But---it's at the reader's discretion, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Lol, we all have probably been in that position. Unfortunately
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 6:42 pm

For some reason, all my bosses were assholes. Why is that, do you suppose?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 7:36 pm

dwoody wrote:
For some reason, all my bosses were assholes. Why is that, do you suppose?

I swear that is a requirement to be a supervisor. Don't know a damn thing except how to be an asshole.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 am

Tongue in cheek, O. I'm self-employed x35 years.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 2:13 pm

I am too. 12 years. My boss is an asshole. Shocked
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 4:09 am

dwoody wrote:
Tongue in cheek, O. I'm self-employed x35 years.

Well, you were right. I've gotta give you that one....
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 2:48 pm

joe wrote:

very fair assessment.

Bo 2.0 wrote:
I swear that is a requirement to be a supervisor.  Don't know a damn thing except how to be an asshole.

my guess is that you're a phenomenal supervisor
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 5:52 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
joe wrote:

very fair assessment.

Bo 2.0 wrote:
I swear that is a requirement to be a supervisor.  Don't know a damn thing except how to be an asshole.

my guess is that you're a phenomenal supervisor

So you agree with my assessment? Once again I am right...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...   When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B... Empty

Back to top Go down

When you think about it, it's easy to understand the fact Coach B...
Page 1 of 1