Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... Empty
PostSubject: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 7:25 am

...here's hoping, and HOPING AGAIN, that his freshman season doesn't go down (literally or figuratively) like that of the last (to my knowledge) 5-star running back we got from the Golden State...

JUSTIN case you've forgotten who I mean...think "Huggy Bear"...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 pm

Yes- that was disappointing all the way around.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Forgive me for not knowing what you are insinuating in your post mike. That may, or may not have been before my time.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 8:04 am

Justin Fargas blue chip running back from California. Showed much promise before breaking his leg. Eventually transferred to UCLA>
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 2:16 pm

And, Bo2, he was the son of actor Antonio Fargas, who in the mid-70's TV crime weekly "Starsky and Hutch" played the cops' pimp-snitch, "Huggy Bear".
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 3:57 am

wshoes wrote:
Justin Fargas blue chip running back from California. Showed much promise  before breaking his leg. Eventually transferred to UCLA>

Ok yea he was before my time as a Michigan fan although I do remember that. Sorry, my bad. Thanks for telling me.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 12:14 pm

I was at Northwestern in an absolute deluge. Justin ran the ball and ran the ball all on a field where you couldn't even see their shoes it was so muddy.

He gained 120 yards on 31 carries which isn't great per carry but on that field it was fabulous.

BTW our QB that game was a guy named Brady.

https://mgoblue.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2671&path=football

Justin also had a nice NFL career. 7 years (NFL average about 3.4) 10 TDs 3300+ rushing 500+ receiving. Probably made some nice coin along the way.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FargJu00.htm

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 1:54 pm

Hard to believe Fargus was THAT long ago. I am getting old.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 2:05 pm

Honestly woody I was a little surprised too. Old it is bud.

Stop by the tailgate some time.

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 7:33 am

ME TOO, Woody...and I have you by a year!!!

Joe, I recall that game (Oct.1998). How in hell J.F. hung onto that ball without a fumble, and gained 120 to boot, was amazing---even for the class of 98's top running back (nationally).  Wasn't that (on the heels of our N.C.) the last time we pulled in the TOP-ranked recruiting class?  Also including Drew Henson, David Terrill, Marquise Walker, et al...

Really a shame Justin didn't pan out for us (and it's always a shame when the INJURY BUG causes a disappointment), but glad his football career didn't end with that serious leg injury [incurred a week after the NW game], and that he had a nice NFL career afterward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...   With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet... Empty

Back to top Go down

With all the accolades being awarded Zach Charbonnet...
Page 1 of 1