Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Bump Elliot

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NCHawk

NCHawk

RIP Bump Elliot Empty
PostSubject: RIP Bump Elliot   RIP Bump Elliot EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Some of you folx may remember Bump Elliot. Player and coach at UM prior to taking role as AD at iowa. He hired Dan Gable, Hayden Fry, Tom Davis, and Lute Osen. Lots of stuff about him to read. He was 93
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

RIP Bump Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Bump Elliot   RIP Bump Elliot EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 8:08 pm

The coach at my first Michigan game. Purdue QB Bob Griese kicked the winning field goal.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

RIP Bump Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Bump Elliot   RIP Bump Elliot EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 1:06 am

Bunp was the coach when I first started following the teamim in 1962, ROSE BOWL winning season in 1964 was glorious.
Back to top Go down
michmike

RIP Bump Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Bump Elliot   RIP Bump Elliot EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 7:41 am

wshoes wrote:
Bunp was the coach when I first started following the teamim in 1962, ROSE BOWL winning season in 1964 was glorious.

And Shoes, though you and I be near-contemps, I would not even learn what the University of Michigan was, much less anything about their football team, for six years after that Rose Bowl !!!!

And only because both Dad and grandpa were U-M alums (Dad then got his JD at Northwestern) did I even think of applying (and in all likelihood, GET IN, from out-of-state).

But what a momentous decision that would prove, from Sept. 1970  to Dec. 2019!!!!! (And no doubt beyond).

To the case in point, I did soon learn Bump Elliott, RIP, was Bo's immediate predecessor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Bump Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Bump Elliot   RIP Bump Elliot Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Bump Elliot
Page 1 of 1