Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Defensive coordinator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Defensive coordinator  Empty
PostSubject: Defensive coordinator    Defensive coordinator  EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 3:40 pm

Ravens’ LB coach Mike McDonald heading to Michigan.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Defensive coordinator    Defensive coordinator  EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 4:01 pm

Not like that was a secret, been rumored for about 2 weeks. Hope that makes that defense somewhat better! Hope the defensive backs are better, and maybe some LB help!

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Defensive coordinator    Defensive coordinator  EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Hoping for the best, just not sure without better personnel that our defense will be strong.

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Defensive coordinator    Defensive coordinator  EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 10:00 pm

wshoes wrote:
Hoping for the best, just not sure without better personnel that our defense will be strong.

IMHO last year was more about the inexperience of our players than the system. Sure, Brown has routinely been torched by ohio state but not regular offenses. The lack of depth really hurt us last year and Brown paid the price. Firing Brown was the only way Harbaugh was going to save his job (not that he was ever in real danger of losing it).

However, the politics of Brown being fired made AD Manuel look good and bought Harbaugh an extension. If Michigan doesn't win at least 9 games next year the heat will return.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Defensive coordinator    Defensive coordinator  EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 4:23 pm

I do agree that Brown looks like the fall guy here.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Defensive coordinator    Defensive coordinator  EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 4:25 pm

All I know is that Michigan has been awful against crossing pass routes for the past three years. Awful.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Defensive coordinator    Defensive coordinator  EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Well timed crossing routes are as difficult as anything to defend. They look deceptively easy to execute on offense but they aren't. You need a throwing lane among the trees (linemen) and your timing has to be perfect. Otherwise if the ball is a bit ahead or a bit behind or the receiver is delayed and you have a tipped ball and/or interception.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Defensive coordinator    Defensive coordinator  EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 6:19 pm

Crossing routes aside, Michigan's defense has been feasting on the weaker offensive opponents while at the same time they have been getting roasted by the top tier teams.

This has happened time and again over the last 5 years.

Also at the same time they haven't had an offense to score at will to keep them in games. It should never be ok to score 39 points and still get beat by 3 scores. With a top 10 defense I might add.

I'm not going to say that DB has become a fall guy but I do think it was time for him to go.

PostSubject: Re: Defensive coordinator    Defensive coordinator  Empty

Back to top Go down

Defensive coordinator
Page 1 of 1