Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

does MSU just recruit through the tranfer portal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

does MSU just recruit through the tranfer portal Empty
PostSubject: does MSU just recruit through the tranfer portal   does MSU just recruit through the tranfer portal EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 9:16 pm

every time I open the paper, they are getting another transfer, this time a running back, I wonder what they had to offer him to leave Colorado .

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

does MSU just recruit through the tranfer portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: does MSU just recruit through the tranfer portal   does MSU just recruit through the tranfer portal EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 2:13 pm

mel has brought a free agency like approach to EL and it's working. I suspect that the NCAA is going to step in soon and limit the portal. I don't know how they do that. Maybe implement a system that requires a certain amount of time at a program (say 2 years) or implement a minimum GPA to be eligible to transfer.

Maybe it won't be the NCAA that puts the brakes on this. Maybe institutions stop allowing so many credits to transfer and kids decide it makes more sense to stay put. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.

NIL is going to be a factor. Entities and boosters are going to get smart and put clauses into these contracts that make kids pay back money if they leave. Or better yet, put payouts in tiers for years in a program with the payout being backend heavy.

for now he's doing a hell of a job working within the boundaries that he's allow to. He's had to get creative though because the MSU brand doesn't pull the recruits necessary to compete on a national level on a yearly basis.

does MSU just recruit through the tranfer portal
Page 1 of 1