Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?  Empty
PostSubject: Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?    Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?  EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:11 am

What's the difference? Strong side versus weak side? Either way you're one of two guys split all the way out.

Perhaps I don't understand the X's and O's enough, but I really don't see what the big difference is.

Does one see more of the quick-look throws more than the other? Does one run the slip screen more than the other? Does one run deep routes more than the other?

Personally, I'd like to see this kid back in the slot if at all possible. His little ass needs to be running crossing routes constantly lol.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?    Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?  EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 am

No room at the slot with Gallon. Gallon is only capabable of playing the slot, Roundtree has the tools to play outside. He has hopefully added strength to get off the line better, which will open up more passing routes for him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?    Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?  EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
No room at the slot with Gallon. Gallon is only capabable of playing the slot, Roundtree has the tools to play outside. He has hopefully added strength to get off the line better, which will open up more passing routes for him.

That's true.

I was just thinking of Roundtree only. But you're right, once you factor in everything else, he has to be outside.

If you had to guess, who do you have at the third WR? Jerald Robinson, Jeremy Jackson, one of the freshman?

Ah-ha, a poll question.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?    Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?  EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:00 pm

JJ is a possession type guy, and really is only there because of his dad.

I don't know much abour Robinson.

So I'm going to go with one of the freshmen starting from day one.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?    Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?  EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:33 pm

In the Slot you run alot of motion . Usually for smaller Rec becuase they can get hands on you and hold you up. Big physical W/o usually are split cause they get off the line better.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?    Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?  EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:56 pm

I understand the difference between slot and flanker...

But what's the different between split-end and flanker. They're both the two widest guys on the field. Perhaps the difference comes in Trips sets and other sets that pair the SE and flanker on the same side of the field? Obvious question is does the SE line up inside the flanker (I assume yes).

But in an average formation, with the SE and flanker on opposite sides of the ball, what's the real difference?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?    Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Roundtree: From SE to Flanker....?
Page 1 of 1