Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Poor Drew Stanton.

Go down 
+2
joe
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. Empty
PostSubject: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:10 am

I can't stand this prick. He is such a whiner, and fits right into the little brother role.

Report: Drew Stanton wants out of New York

Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT

The soap opera never ends in New York. With Tim Tebow finally a member of the Jets, traded to the team not once but twice on Wednesday, the man the Jets signed last week to serve as Mark Sanchez’s non-threatening backup is now threatening to leave. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Drew Stanton wants out. Whether by trade or release, he wants out.
The Jets paid Stanton a $500,000 signing bonus as part of a one-year, $1.25 million deal. But the Jets also reportedly promised Stanton that they would add no other quarterbacks, and that Stanton would be the No. 2.

And now, fully acknowledging my inability to resist the obvious pun, Stanton is indeed being treated like No. 2.

Some would say that, by trading for Tebow, the Jets were true to their word, since he isn’t really a quarterback. Others would say that unforeseen circumstances arose, allowing Tebow to become available.
To the latter we say baloney. It was known when Stanton signed that Peyton Manning could land in Denver and that Tebow would be available. The Jets surely aren’t so impulsive that they hadn’t considered getting Tebow before this week. And so the Jets chose not to disclose to Stanton their unspoken intentions to try to get Tebow, if Tebow becomes available. It was smart at the time, given that there was no guarantee that Tebow could be had. Now that it’s happened, the Jets owe it to Stanton to let him go.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 am

The funny thing is I had an MSU friend over last night and he's watching the crawl on the bottom of the screen and he's worried about Stanton.

I'm thinkin, The guy is a career 3rd stringer. Who gives a foul turd anyways?

Drew Stanton? Who Cares?

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:43 am

Honestly, I'm surprised he even became a 2nd/3rd string QB in the NFL at all. During his playing days at MSU, his major strengths were his mobility and his ability to throw on the run. But he never had a strong arm and he played the spread offense under that nutjob John L. Smith. That doesn't sound like an NFL QB to me.

His crying amuses me. This is the guy who had a fit when the NCAA Football video game had Desmond Howard on the cover a few years back so he turned it inside out. And how he boasted that while growing up, he and his family referred to Michigan as the University of Puke. Seriously, those trolls at MLive could come up with a better insult that that. Oh well. He'll always be 0-4 against us so that's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:57 pm

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in my glory now. sparty hockey lost today, Stanton knows that he can't beat out Tebow (now that's pathetic)!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Stanton will probably always remain my least favorite Spartan player of all time. MSU players always bitch about Mike Hart's mouth, but Stanton had just as big of mouth could never never back it up...as wolverinehistorian pointed out.

Also I always find the september heisman thing a load of crap from sparty fans as Stanton for Heisman was just a big as joke as the dude never even got to a bowl game.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:43 pm

He did play in a bowl game. Blew out his knee vs Nebraska covering a punt.
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:25 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
He did play in a bowl game. Blew out his knee vs Nebraska covering a punt.

Guess I meant to say as a starting QB.

Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 pm

eGrandpa wrote:
Also I always find the september heisman thing a load of crap from sparty fans as Stanton for Heisman was just a big as joke as the dude never even got to a bowl game.

In 2005, Sports Illustrated really added to their delusions by writing that feature on MSU and Stanton for starting out 4-0 and beating Illinois 61-14. At first I was like, "Seriously? You beat 4 cupcakes and you get a glowing writeup from the media? Who do you think you are? Notre Dame?"

But sure enough, they could not handle the pressure and lost 6 of their last 7 games.

Stanton's career record at MSU as a starting quarterback was 14 wins, 21 losses. He was 1-8 against top ten teams. Again, the fact that he is still even a 3rd string QB in the NFL floors me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:51 pm

[quote="WolverineHistorian"]
eGrandpa wrote:
"Seriously? You beat 4 cupcakes and you get a glowing writeup from the media? Who do you think you are? Notre Dame?"

LOLOLOL!!! Umm, didn't take that long to draw the "connotation", WH...once I remembered whom it is
you most love to see lose.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Any wonder why I hate sparty more than bucknut now?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Poor Drew Stanton.   OT:  Poor Drew Stanton. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Poor Drew Stanton.
Page 1 of 1