Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM

Go down 
+2
ThatGuy
joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM Empty
PostSubject: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:48 pm

better get it's SHIT together NOW or we'l be home just like the sparties after today.

Man, a 5 minute penalty and all we could do was NADA

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:42 pm

It's unfortunately been like that all year. Our PP is horrendous. This might sound like a joke but that actually could have been Cornell's Game plan. Think about it, we can't score on the PP but Cornell scored a Short-Handed Goal. Cornell spent half of the second period with at least a one-man disadvantage. We didn't do anything, that's a good defense (and a pathetic PP).

This Michigan team seems to have a penchant for the dramatic...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:48 pm

I hate that damn defense those teams play when they get 1 goal up.

It's bullshit

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:57 pm

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: DAMMIT!   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:58 pm

n

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Pathetic
Back to top Go down
bluebult56

PostSubject: not a good month   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:57 am

for any of our teams in ncaa's....men's/ladies hoops, now hockey....ouch.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:15 pm

I'm disappointed (of course) but you need to take a step-back. Hockey is a sport where on any given night. The best team doesn't always win, it's more of a matter of who was better on that given day, bounces, breaks, etc. I guess that's one reason why I like Hockey so much, each and every game has the possibility to go the other way. There is doubt and uncertainty involved in Hockey.

I guess that only way, if you insist, on naming and over-all best program would have to span decades. Seeing a team make the NCAA's consistently. This season marked the 22nd consecutive trip (and that streak is current) to the NCAA's for Michigan. The next closest current streak is North Dakota's 10. I'd say that makes Michigan Hockey elite.

To follow-up on the competitive nature in hockey I'll inform you that on Michigan's last two National Championships in Hockey they were 3 & 4 seeds. That may not sound that significant to you if you are not that familiar with the NCAA Hockey tournament but let me put it in bouncey-ballese Basketball . Ever seen 1 12 seed win the National Championship in bouncey-ball Basketball ? How about a 16 seed? Only 16 teams make the NCAA Hockey Tournament each year so there are only 4 teams to a region.

Since 2009, #1 seeds vs. #4 seeds are 7-7. Yea, Hockey is competitive.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Yeah yeah yeah. We lost.   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:21 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I'm disappointed (of course) but you need to take a step-back. Hockey is a sport where on any given night. The best team doesn't always win, it's more of a matter of who was better on that given day, bounces, breaks, etc. I guess that's one reason why I like Hockey so much, each and every game has the possibility to go the other way. There is doubt and uncertainty involved in Hockey.

I guess that only way, if you insist, on naming and over-all best program would have to span decades. Seeing a team make the NCAA's consistently. This season marked the 22nd consecutive trip (and that streak is current) to the NCAA's for Michigan. The next closest current streak is North Dakota's 10. I'd say that makes Michigan Hockey elite.

To follow-up on the competitive nature in hockey I'll inform you that on Michigan's last two National Championships in Hockey they were 3 & 4 seeds. That may not sound that significant to you if you are not that familiar with the NCAA Hockey tournament but let me put it in bouncey-ballese Basketball . Ever seen 1 12 seed win the National Championship in bouncey-ball Basketball ? How about a 16 seed? Only 16 teams make the NCAA Hockey Tournament each year so there are only 4 teams to a region.

Since 2009, #1 seeds vs. #4 seeds are 7-7. Yea, Hockey is competitive.

Right here, right now all of our appearances and our championships mean shit to me.

Ask me in a week or so and I'll change my story.

But right now what I'm hearing is "it's ok taking it up the butt. We'll put lube on it." However you cut it WE LOST and we're out of the tournament.

I reserve the right to entirely change my story whenever I feel ready to.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Lol. I'm mad, but lol.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:50 pm

It's along the line of

"I love my team with all my heart. I'll never betray them. They are my team until they put my pasty caucasian ass into the soil for the worms to eat."

But I don't like them right now. lol

I've told my wife that. To her face. "Honey, I love you with all my heart. But I sure don't like you very much right now."

Uhh, I've heard it back a time or two also! lol

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Of course I'm disappointed currently but it's Hockey. We're still very good, but we lost a game. Oh well, I'm annoyed but the sun will rise again tomorrow.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:05 pm

There it is

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 am

I don't expect many here know the story of Shawn Hunwick but for those of you that do check this article from The Daily out.

http://www.michigandaily.com/node/66055

A thought just crossed my mind that possibly that move after the game gets Hunwick to the Hobey Hat Trick. He won't win, but that is something that College Hockey should do for the guy.

Shawn is the real Rudy, so much better of a story. It would be fitting if the guy won the award but it won't happen. I do believe that he should be in Tampa as one of the Top three (equitable to being invited to the Down-town Athletic Club for The Heisman).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:29 am

In case any of you would like to know the story of Shawn Hunwick, here is a little summary. This doesn't really tell you the significance but it is a start.

http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/sportsmonday-column-closing-book-unlikely-career-shawn-hunwick?page=0,0

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:49 am

Hunwick has been a great embassador for UM. As you said, he is the real Rudy, would love to see a movie about him. He will succeed in life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM   This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM Empty

Back to top Go down

This MICHIGAN HOCKEY TEAM
Page 1 of 1