Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Morris Elite 11

Go down 
+6
Orion_Wolverine
joe
GOBLUEJOE66
Wolverdog
BetterThansparty
Admin
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Orion_Wolverine

Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:52 am

WillieMfan wrote:

Sigh....This is what is wrong with America, hell maybe it is not just here. People sympathize for the poor D1 athlete that has the world by the balls. God forbid they experience any pressure or criticism. Poor Shane! Meanwhile there are kids growing up in abusive homes or listening to gun shots every night. Those are kids that really have a future filled with uncertainty. One way or another Shane will be fine I assure you.

Why is it everyone gives a shit when someone like Whitney Houston dies?? It's on the front page and every news broadcast. What a tragedy!! She did it to herself!!! Is her life more important than the soldiers dieing overseas? More important than the over 70k that die EVERY DAY?

Quit putting these people on such a pedestal. Get some perspective. These people are living a life most people only dream of.

/End rant.

I think you are having a different conversation than the rest of us. Equating Shane Morris to Whitney Houston? Wow!

I say people assigning motivations and behavior to someone with no knowledge of the truth is wrong and you minimize it by saying there are kids growing up in bad neighborhoods and in abusive homes. Good for you for pointing out there are bigger issues than sports and we shouldn't attack kids, especially without understanding their circumstances. This was my point, and that of others here, in the first place.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 am

The point is you and others sit here on this forum fretting over Shane not not enjoying being a kid. Boo-hoo. We show genuine concern for celebrities and athletes (even HS ones) whenever they might have a little rough patch. Meanwhile there is real shit going on to people just trying to survive. People hardly seem to care about those things, hell they rarely even notice.

As for Shane, no one is attacking him. He had a bad performance at a camp. I attribute it to him being focused on other things and not working on his game. If this is what you consider an attack then oh well.
Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 am

Again, you are missing the point. You attribute behaviors to Shane Morris without having any idea if they are true. It is pure speculation on your part. You don't know him. You have no idea how hard he works, how dedicated he is, what his training schedule looks like, what is home life is all about. You know nothing about him yet you are willing to say he is not working hard enough.

This is the issue I have written about in this thread. It is not ok for people to assign behaviors, particularly negative behaviors, to kids without direct knowledge of those behaviors, regardless of their socioeconomic background.

This doesn't mean coddling athletes. This means having some perspective. If you don't think he is as talented as reports indicate, then fine, say that. However, when you draw conclusions based on character issues into which you have no insight it is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:32 am

So when he says on his Twitter that he is in AA for the weekend it is not true? We know he was in Dallas. Do you think he is in school Mon-Fri excluding holidays? Do you think he has homework? Do you think the recruiting he is doing takes any time? Is it pure speculation that these things are a part of his life?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out what time he has left. Again, the kid tweets his life. I assume you do not use Twitter or you would more aware of his schedule.

Let's see how he does at future camps. It was one camp. It appears he underperformed but it may have just been a bad day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 am

Here's some video:

http://mgoblog.com/content/tuesday-recruitin-rocks-stunner-shades

Orion_Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:29 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Let's see how he does at future camps. It was one camp. It appears he underperformed but it may have just been a bad day.

Agreed
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Orion_Wolverine wrote:
I think you are having a different conversation than the rest of us. Equating Shane Morris to Whitney Houston? Wow!

Not trying to start anything but Very Happy.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:35 am

I don't put a ton of stock into his performance, or lack thereof, in this event. He could have been pressing, bringing on anxiety and nervousness, in an effort to impress. What's important is that he realizes his shortcomings, and works to rectify them as best he's able. And even more important, that he's healthy; obviously his arm/shoulder (close to home there for me) are fine, given viewers' impression of his "velocity". Believe me, friends, I'll 1,000x rather he throw inaccurately now with fine zip, than complete 15-yard pregnant ducks to standing-still receivers with his arm hanging right out of his rotator...

As Orion says, it's what he puts out on the field at the Big House (and on the U-M practice field prior to that) that matters.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:23 am

Shit he's getting tips from Tony Romo. Well who else we got coming in?
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:15 pm

I just read a TomVH interview with Eldridge Massington, and Massington said if he had a top 5, UM would be in it, and that he knew about Shane and it would help UM if he knew that "he was the right kind of QB that would fit with me".

They were both at the NFTC in Dallas Sunday. bom

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:07 am

Well shoot, looks like he is only working out 5-6 days a week. Real slacker.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120329/SPORTS06/120328067/shane-morris-michigan-football-recruiting?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|s

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morris Elite 11   Morris Elite 11 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Morris Elite 11
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2