Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
exmichresident

Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't Empty
PostSubject: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:11 pm

seen anything good from him since he got here. I can't believe some thought he had a good year, last year...he did not. I didn't see the spring game but, from all I have read, he stunk again. Put him at WR for a little depth. Supposed to have so much talent???
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 pm

I bet he'll line up at WR somewhat this fall but he's still the only real legit number 2 option at QB this fall so we'll have to keep him ready to go in if Denard gets a little banged up again like last fall.

Yeah he has some questionable throws yesterday (some were just great plays by our defensive backfield) but the coaches at least say he's doing while in spring ball.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:22 pm

I still don't see Devin at WR much. Like it or not, he is our QB in 2013 unless he really sucks big time and Shane can't do any better.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I still don't see Devin at WR much. Like it or not, he is our QB in 2013 unless he really sucks big time and Shane can't do any better.

Probably will be something they try a few times. I'm surprised nobody talks about lining up Denard in the slot or in motion like last season with Gardner at QB. Seemed to work out fine, give Denard rest, and give Gardner experience.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:27 pm

eGrandpa wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Probably will be something they try a few times. I'm surprised nobody talks about lining up Denard in the slot or in motion like last season with Gardner at QB. Seemed to work out fine, give Denard rest, and give Gardner experience.

You mean the sweeps to Denard that even the blind man in cowlumbus saw coming?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:38 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
eGrandpa wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

You mean the sweeps to Denard that even the blind man in cowlumbus saw coming?

haha, yeah, those. Same thing we did with Antonio Bass except I still think they were less predictable than the Bass ones . Still think they were somewhat effective to try a few times a game. Just getting DG on the field will help him when he'll be the clear favorite to be the starter in 2013.
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Well put 2ndComing. Grandpa, if we have to rely on DG, I think we are in trouble and he has too much experience to be this bad still.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm

In DG's defense from what I saw of the Spring Game (practice) he wasn't that bad. And also, you need to take into consideration that the Defense knows what is coming...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:08 pm

The excuses keep coming for DG. Hope I'm wrong on his abilities.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 pm

He has the ability to be special, who knows if he actually will be though? I'm not predicting greatness, but he'll at least be suitable.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:58 pm

In a quick two-hour snapshot, Bellomy earned the #2 in my eyes.

Now, I wasn't there for 2 weeks of spring ball, though.

But, DG looked like garbage. Bellomy looked like someone who could legitimately manage the offense. Not saying Bellomy is a stud, but I think he could lead us down the field.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Bellomy faced the twos and threes, never faced the ones. Big difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't   Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't believe Devin Gardner...I haven't
Page 1 of 1