Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dantonio Guarantees a Win

Go down 
+2
Admin
WillieMfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Dantonio Guarantees a Win Empty
PostSubject: Dantonio Guarantees a Win   Dantonio Guarantees a Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:25 pm

This is what it has come to for MSU. Guaranteeing a win to become bowl eligible.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121120/SPORTS07/121120041/michigan-state-football-mark-dantonio?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CSports
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio Guarantees a Win   Dantonio Guarantees a Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:56 pm

*Guaranteeing wins against....MINNESOTA.

Seriously, what a fall from grace for ol' MSU this season. cheers

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio Guarantees a Win   Dantonio Guarantees a Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Minnesota has some issues right now. #1 receiver, Jay Barker, quit the team and accused Jerry Kill of verbally abusing him. Jerry Kill says he was disciplining him.

Barker is a walk on and I guess Kill told him that if he doesn't do what the trainer tells him, he won't get a scholarship and may never play for Minnesota again. Yelled it at him in front of the team.

Sounds to me like Barker is part of the wussification of the American youth. Sometimes a public yelling at is good for a young adult. Grow a pair and man up. Don't quit the team and publicly whine about it.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio Guarantees a Win   Dantonio Guarantees a Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Kind of much to do about nothing, IMO. He better think they can beat Minnesota, they are quite a bit better than them. However, it hasn't been exactly painful watching State crash back to earth this season. The only negative is that they're demise has been so complete that most of their fans have just given up. The arrogant SOBs from the last couple of years seem to have vanished into the wind.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio Guarantees a Win   Dantonio Guarantees a Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:38 pm

We knew that was coming though, that's why I find them and get in their face about it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio Guarantees a Win   Dantonio Guarantees a Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:53 pm

jjabilene wrote:
Kind of much to do about nothing, IMO. He better think they can beat Minnesota, they are quite a bit better than them.

Perhaps but in these days most choose to be more PC about these things. I think anytime you put something like this out there you raise the stakes a little bit. Not to mention that about a year ago this time they were challenging for the B1G Championship and now they have to win the final game just to be bowl eligible.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio Guarantees a Win   Dantonio Guarantees a Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Minnesota has won 6 of the last 10 meetings with Sparty.

In last year's game, the Gophers lifeless 9 loss squad was tied with Dantonio's 11 win squad late in the 4th quarter at 24-24 before MSU scored a very late TD to escape with a 7 point win.

This is brave speak for Dantonio. MSU has struggled with the Gophers going back to when Nick Saban was their coach.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio Guarantees a Win   Dantonio Guarantees a Win EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Minnesota has won 6 of the last 10 meetings with Sparty.

In last year's game, the Gophers lifeless 9 loss squad was tied with Dantonio's 11 win squad late in the 4th quarter at 24-24 before MSU scored a very late TD to escape with a 7 point win.

This is brave speak for Dantonio. MSU has struggled with the Gophers going back to when Nick Saban was their coach.

...and sparty is going back to when john l. smith was their coach! cheers

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio Guarantees a Win   Dantonio Guarantees a Win Empty

Back to top Go down

Dantonio Guarantees a Win
Page 1 of 1