Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit Empty
PostSubject: Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit   Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Apparently tore his achilles during a workout on March 22. Out 6 to 8 MONTHS.

From twitter:

teams "have been alerted." (His agent) didn't say how he expects it'll affect Koger's stock, but acknowledged it's possible he'll go undrafted.

Koger's surgery was performed by David Porter, the Colts' team physician. Same guy who operated on David Molk's torn foot tendon.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit   Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Wow! Sad. I belt he is really depressed by this. I feel terrible for the kid. Hope he can work his way back.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit   Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:53 am

Got that right, Willie. Damned shame.

He was an integral part of our offense (under Hoke), and from all I could tell, was definitely a "The team, the team, the team!" man.

Certainly hope he recovers fully (or nearly so), can play to nearly the best of his abilities again, and does play at least somewhat at the next level.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit   Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 am

Sucks. Either Kiper or McShay said about a week ago that there was no doubt in their mind Koger would be on an NFL roster next fall (whether he was drafted or not). They thought he would be one of the first Free Agents taken after the draft.

Can't remember which one said that. Either way, that won't be the case this season. Hope he can rehab and give it a go in '13.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit   Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 am

And at the same time...THAT IS EXACTLY WHY YOU STAY IN
SCHOOL AND GET YOUR DEGREE.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit   Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 am

Admin wrote:
And at the same time...THAT IS EXACTLY WHY YOU STAY IN
SCHOOL AND GET YOUR DEGREE.

Yes and no, Addy. The kids who were "in school" strictly for their football talents (and I like to believe most of those are at SEC schools) don't need that degree for lifetime financial security if they leave school as juniors, injuries or no injuries: these days, Lloyds' of London sees to that.

But those are the few-and-far-between "Gonna make it no matter what" types. For others (e.g., KK), that U-M degree will come in very useful.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit   Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm of the opinion that you should always complete your degree. As a Hockey fan I see people leave early EVERY year (well, last year was the first time in my life-time that no one left). One thing that I really respect is how Jack Johnson did it. Sure, he left after only 2 season's and actually he went to the LA Kings minutes after Michigan Lost in the Frozen Four. He didn't even return to campus with his teammates following the loss. However, he did return to Michigan over the summer for the next several years, paying his own way mind you, to complete his degree. I'm not positive that he has it yet, although I think he does. If not he'll get it soon. And as Coach Berenson, who is very adamant that his players stay all four years and get their education, says, "Jack was ready".

Jack is still extremely loyal to The University of Michigan. He was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets a few months ago and he was instrumental at getting Shawn Hunwick down to Columbus at the end of the season.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit   Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit Empty

Back to top Go down

Koger's NFL chances taking huge hit
Page 1 of 1