Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Band WILL be in Dallas

Go down 
+3
joe
WolverineHistorian
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Band WILL be in Dallas Empty
PostSubject: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm

MMB received letter from DB informing them they'll be in Dallas.

Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:59 pm

I just read that! I expected this to happen but not this soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Yeah, that took a long time huh? lol Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:41 pm

http://www.michigandaily.com/blog/michigan-marching-band-informed-it-will-travel-dallas-after-all

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Brandon is calculating. He knew downers would step up as soon as he announced they weren't going. Smart move, shows he is willing to take the public heat to get someone else to pay for the trip.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm

They'll probably end up getting a million in donations to send the band!!!
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:03 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Brandon is calculating. He knew downers would step up as soon as he announced they weren't going. Smart move, shows he is willing to take the public heat to get someone else to pay for the trip.

So a pat on the back and a job well done???????? You think this was part of his plan? Parents of band members bought tickets to the game to see their kids play only to find out they would not be going. I do not think Brandon would toy with people like that so someone else would foot the bill. But-If that was his tactic then I do not see how you can call it a smart move. Brandon failed to do his job. He should have taken an active role in finding a way to make this happen through fund raising, donations and AD money. Instead he does nothing and announces they will not be going to the game. Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:25 am

Did you not read all of the articles written on the subject? They had originally planned to bus down to Texas and play concerts along the way as a way to make a little money to off-set the cost but that plan fell through. That's when AD Brandon announced that the band would not be going. It took what, 7-10 days to get financial support? No biggie...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:21 am

Yea I think everyone knows about the concert. Thanks for the reminder though.

Largest living alumni base in the country. 110,000 on game day. They could have sold t-shirts and raised the money. Quit trying to make it sound like it would be hard. Yes the money did show up but because people were not going to stand for the band not being there. Brandon had admitted defeat and others stepped up to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:26 am

Willie, I disagree, he did his job. He got the band there without spending the Universities money. Job well done.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 am

He got it done, but went about it the wrong way; i.e., publicly thru the media. I agree with Willie.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:53 pm

So should he have PAID for publicity? Wouldn't that kind of defeated the cry of poverty?

This wasn't the plan, the original plan didn't come to fruition and this happened. So what?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
He got it done, but went about it the wrong way; i.e., publicly thru the media.

I agree! He sat back and made the boosters/donors come to him. I cannot figure out how you can say someone did their job by by doing nothing.

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
So should he have PAID for publicity? Wouldn't that kind of defeated the cry of poverty?

This wasn't the plan, the original plan didn't come to fruition and this happened. So what?

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:43 am

WillieMfan wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

dog said that AD Brandon went about it the wrong way (getting the money), I asked if he should have advertised that he needed money.

The original plan didn't work so this happened, what's the big deal. End result is the band is going, isn't that what you wanted?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band WILL be in Dallas   Band WILL be in Dallas Empty

Back to top Go down

Band WILL be in Dallas
Page 1 of 1