Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble Empty
PostSubject: The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble   The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:21 pm

From Freep's Mark Snyder...

The band was originally slated to go, but with very limited funding, they were told they would be taking a bus down there.

Then, this spring, the band said "no, we don't want to take a bus". The problem was taking a jet down there would have been 4x the cost.

So, with no funding, DB made the call that they just wouldn't go at all.

From there, we know the story. People went nuts. The band was pissed, yada yada yada.

Then the donors came to the rescue.

They've worked out a a price of 2x the original (of bussing them down). Donors are paying 50%, UM the other 50%.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble Empty
PostSubject: Re: The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble   The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Dave Brandon knew what he was doing all along. He knew the fans and the band would be pissed if they didn't go. He didn't want to pay so he used the excuse of no funding and he knew donors would step in the minute he said they wouldn't be going.

This was all very calculated on his part no matter what he tells the public.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble   The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Well what I found the most interesting was that the band was slated to go from the beginning. It was the band who said 'we don't want to take busses'.

That part of the story was left out when the MMB was pleading its case to fans and alumni to help out.

No ill feelings here, though, because I fear I come across with that tone here.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble   The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Admin wrote:
Well what I found the most interesting was that the band was slated to go from the beginning. It was the band who said 'we don't want to take busses'.

yep I thought that was a little strange. Nothing would have kept me from going if I were in the MMB. I'm sure they were chartered buses and not Greyhound. There would have been no complaints here. Next thing you know they are going to be complaining about flying coach. Just joking but I get your point admin.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble   The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Good point Admin.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble   The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:56 pm

LOL...And there the stereotype of UM students being uppity-snobs is validated. We won't ride bus....

Yep, it's true (but I love 'em like family anyway because, well they are). Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble   The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble Empty

Back to top Go down

The band situation and Dallas...Brandon reveals some details about the squabble
Page 1 of 1