Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Junior Seau Has Passed.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Junior Seau Has Passed. Empty
PostSubject: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Shot at his home?

Was he in some trouble not too long ago or am I thinking of someone else?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Suicide They are saying.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:39 pm

I haven't heard anything yet but that wouldn't surprise me. Too bad, really too bad. He was a great talent.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:41 pm

Well, look at what I just found in my e-mail...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/junior-seau-dead-an-apparent-suicide/2012/05/02/gIQABQW2wT_blog.html?wpisrc=al_sports

Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:45 pm

This will begin a change in all the football world. Concussions are becoming so dangerous that a change in the rules will ensue shortly. As the report stated, shooting himself in the chest will allow a perfect examination of his brain..much as his previous teamate Dave Duerson did. A very sad situation for JR. Loved him as a player and am NFL Rep for all that is and was the game. Prayers to his family and friends.

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rep ort-nfl-legend-junior-seau-dead-182120394.html]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rep ort-nfl-legend-junior-seau-dead-182120394.html[/url]
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Holy. Shit. pale
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Now let's reflect back on my stance about player safety on this forum. I was vehemently argued against and phrases such as "The players know the risks coming in", "It's not that big of a deal when you make millions of dollars to play a sport", and "The players just need to get tougher" were thrown around. I am all for big hits and physical play but things like moving the kickoffs up (like was done last season) was good for the game. As much as I hate to say it, putting the QB in a bubble (like they've effectively done with all of the penalties), and fines for head-shots is a step in the right direction. Roger Goodell's suspensions of 4 N.O. Saints proves it as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18937770/goodells-suspension-of-saints-players-proves-this-is-a-new-nfl
[code]
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Cuncussions caused him to shoot himself. Bullshit. I've had about 4 concussions in my life, and I'm not going to shoot myself.

His problems go a lot deeper than that. Let's not make this more thn it is.

And again, if they don't want the risks find another profession.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:55 pm

I have had 3 or 4 concussions myself and still here.

Troy Aikmen had 10 in his career and he seems to be doing just fine.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:48 pm

You people will just srgue and argue for no reason. 4 concussions, so? Check into "Brain Injuries" which are sustained during each concussion (to different degrees).
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:07 am

You claimed that is the reason Junior killed himself, and I say BS.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:32 pm

It is probably a CONTRIBUTING FACTOR to why he committed suicide. No where did I say that it was the reason, in fact I never gave a reason (as I don't know). But to just blow-off head injuries, of any kind, is just plain ignorant.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Never once did I blow it off, but I did say that the NFL players know the potential risks, and if they aren't willing to take the risks, they should find another profession. They are compensated itch a lot of money to play and assume the risk. End of story.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Technically, they don't know the risks. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE knows what it is like going through life with a severe neurological disorder unless you have had one, but even then it's a shot-in-the-dark as all injuries differ.

And as you so eloquently put it, end of story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior Seau Has Passed.   Junior Seau Has Passed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Junior Seau Has Passed.
Page 1 of 1