Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*

Go down 
+2
umichfaninpa
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*   2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:05 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*   2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:41 pm

just finished watching it......great game! go blue.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*   2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Can't believe he shanked that extra point.

bounce

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*   2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:55 pm

I was almost as stunned for him as I would have been if it was our kicker.

Of course I was very happy but part of me really felt for that kid.

It wasn't even a short field goal.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*   2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:24 pm

It was a fricken extra-point. I guess that was foreshadowing of 2009?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*   2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:43 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
It was a fricken extra-point. I guess that was foreshadowing of 2009?

Sometimes I just blame it on karma. Bama dodged 2 huge bullets in that second half. With the score tied 28-28, we drive all the way to the 1-yard line about to take the lead when Anthony Thomas fumbles the ball away. Then in the final minute of the game, we drive to the 25 yard for which should be an easy game winning field goal but Bama blocks it.

Whenever Alabama fans claim they "should" have won that game, I like to remind them that they were extremely fortunate the game went to overtime at all. It kind of seemed fitting they would lose on something as dumb as a missed extra point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*   2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:31 am

True, but still to lose it on an extra-point attempt! My God, first they have to live in Alabama and next to lose a game like that. Ouch!!!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*   2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:09 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
True, but still to lose it on an extra-point attempt! My God, first they have to live in Alabama and next to lose a game like that. Ouch!!!

Hehe, now you're talking, mister. And I'm not sure which of the two would be worse. Unarguably, the first, because in the case of the second, a game like that lasts only three hours and in then over for all time.

That aside, I remember several things about that game. I'm going to start a thread about one of them later
today, so won't give it away now. But the second---back in December 1999, when it became common
knowledge who would play whom in the Orange, and when the MLive forum was still civil and worthwhile,
their fans friggin' inundated it with condescending posts, if not flames. And a common theme ran through them all: You're too slow, we'll run right through and away from you. (Geezus, when have we heard that (from an SEC team) before???)

But what stunned the living crap out of me was that, even after such a gut-wrenching, heart-breaking (face it, it would have been for us, too) loss, almost all the same Bama posters were on our board the next day, offering up kudos and good wishes! That, my friends, took and showed class. Case closed.

The only Bucknuts or Spartoons who would have shown up on our board after a game like that would have posted nothing but excuses...if they showed up at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*   2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.* Empty

Back to top Go down

2000 Orange Bowl against 'bama on the BTN right now.*
Page 1 of 1