Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Helmet numbers to remain...

Go down 
+2
WolverineHistorian
Wolverdog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

Helmet numbers to remain... Empty
PostSubject: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:18 pm

http://mgoblog.com/content/unverified-voracity-crams-it

I like them, though not helmet stickers.

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Boo. I mentioned this on MGoBlog, but I like the 90's version of the number, smaller and towards the back. The helmet is perfection when it's not cluttered up with numbers OR stickers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:56 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Boo. I mentioned this on MGoBlog, but I like the 90's version of the number, smaller and towards the back. The helmet is perfection when it's not cluttered up with numbers OR stickers.

Precisely. It kind of makes the helmet look like a rummage sale. But as Coach Hoke has always said, "It's about those kids out there."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:50 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
WolverineHistorian wrote:

Precisely. It kind of makes the helmet look like a rummage sale. But as Coach Hoke has always said, "It's about those kids out there."

Yes, and I can respect that. But I still live by the mentality of if it's not broke, don't fix it.

And that includes never seeing something as awful as this...

Helmet numbers to remain... Denard-robinson-adidas-michigan-football-uniforms-1

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:27 pm

IIRC those were kinda a spur of the moment thing wanted by the players specifically for the sparty game. I don't think they were even going to be worn at first for the sparty game. Michigan just made those uniforms as a road version of the UTL uni's. Michigan came out and warmed up at sparty with the traditional garb but I suspect the players were asking Coach Hoke to wear them. As Coach Hoke is all about the kids on the team he let them change into them.

I hope Coach Hoke starts ruling with a firmer fist, although still with some flexibility, from here on out.

'guess we'll see.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Thank you lord. I love them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Not to be that guy....

But are we sure they're here for good this season? I think we're basing this off the card that was sent to Morris, correct?

I'm not sure if that's enough evidence for this (my) court to make a ruling.

As for my own personal opinion of it, I don't care for it. Does it pain me to see it? No. But I prefer not to.

Like WH said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Except in this case even more so, because the original helmet design is far from broke. It's the greatest thing on Earth. Truth.

Just look at my pic over on the right, with Chuck looking to the sky.

Gorgeous.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:08 pm

I love them.

Time to get with the times folks. This is the era of special uniforms for big games. Or if you are Oregon you wear a different uniform every game. The kids seem to love it and I am sure Nike, Adidas, etc. like it too. I do not see this type of stuff going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:25 pm

There's a reason that you don't see it anywhere else...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

I watched the replay of 2000 Bama v UM the other night on BTN, and what pained me was the bright, almost royal blue of the helmets. I prefer the traditional navy blue.

Conversely, I think the maize color is too dull, and I like the brighter yellow.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:38 am

Those helmets are dark navy blue.

I don't like that the new Addidas pants are like electric yellow and not maize.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:45 am

I noticed several times that they appeared to be lighter. Maybe a trick of the lighting or camera, but I didn't like it.

PostSubject: Re: Helmet numbers to remain...   Helmet numbers to remain... Empty

Back to top Go down

Helmet numbers to remain...
Page 1 of 1