Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next years schedule.

Go down 
+4
sandyeggo_blue
dwoody
wshoes
BetterThansparty
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Next years schedule. Empty
PostSubject: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:13 am

It looks pretty easy, all 8 home games should be almost gimme's. We have 4 road games, one of which should be a gimme (Rutgers). sparty and suckeye are both on the road but very winnable. They are rivalry games so they won't be easy but the game that causes me great concern is @ Iowa. 12-1 is not out of the question next year, even 13-0. I'm not going to speculate past the B1G championship though but who knows? Remember when we all made predictions about this year. I said 7-5, maybe 8-4. Everyone was right around there except 'dwoody who threw out 9-3. Please forgive me if I forgot anyone else (like 'shoes or 'eggo) but we are basically staring at 10-2 right in the face.

We lose a lot next year but the next men up have been learning Coach Harbaugh's system for a year now. I don't see a drop-off. O'Korn will come in like a freight train and make people forget about the comfort that Rudock has given us this year. And O'Korn has a deep ball. He's been practicing with and against the team all year, he has established a relationship (I assume). There will be no breaking in period for O'Korn, if there is one it will be the first pass against Hawaii.

I have been having so much fun this year that I hadn't even considered next year until a sparty started talking to me. Michigan will not miss a step meanwhile sparty has a lot of holes to fill. ohio state might struggle a little next year too? Who knows?

Thoughts?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 6:37 am

I think the future is very bright. O'Korn being what we've been told he will be, solving the linebacker and running back issues, and additional incremental improvement on the O-line are the top 4 issues in my view.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 9:59 am

FWIW, dwoody hopes like hell he turns out to be wrong.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:49 pm

gonna be hard for OKorn to live up to the last three performances by jake but I agree that the drop off should be minimal and the transition to a new QB should be easier.

I am anxiously watching the LB class this year. i think we are going to have some real problems at LB next year. I think we need at least one stub LB to sign to play right away next year.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 1:03 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
gonna be hard for OKorn to live up to the last three performances by jake but I agree that the drop off should be minimal and the transition to a new QB should be easier.

I am anxiously watching the LB class this year. i think we are going to have some real problems at LB next year. I think we need at least one stub LB to sign to play right away next year.

I agree the LB seems to be the weakest position going into next year. I'm hopeful that very strong DL play can take up blockers and make average to slightly below average LBs stronger.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 1:55 pm

dwoody wrote:
FWIW, dwoody hopes like hell he turns out to be wrong.

ME TOOOOOOOO!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 pm

we will be loaded at DLine and the secondary .... that will help with the weakness of the LBs .... though I could really see Peppers becoming an AA LB if they decide to play him as a true LB instead of a hybrid LB/S/CB that he is playing now
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:56 pm

Watch out for Taysom Hill. I'm not penciling O'Korn in yet.

Next year's home schedule sucks though.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Admin wrote:
Watch out for Taysom Hill. I'm not penciling O'Korn in yet.

Next year's home schedule sucks though.

I still don't like the Taysom Hill thing. If it happens it will most likely be my first questioning of the staff. no matter who it is we will be starting with a new QB. we have enough QBs to find someone. we are trying to make numbers crunch as it is. why waste a scholly on a guy that cant stay healthy?

doesn't make sense to me but I'm nowhere near the level of understanding of the game/position/class size/etc/etc/etc that Harbaugh is.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
we will be loaded at DLine and the secondary .... that will help with the weakness of the LBs .... though I could really see Peppers becoming an AA LB if they decide to play him as a true LB  instead of a hybrid LB/S/CB that he is playing now

Coach Harbaugh mentioned Peppers was a great RB at his presser today. He added that would be evaluated next year.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:03 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:
we will be loaded at DLine and the secondary .... that will help with the weakness of the LBs .... though I could really see Peppers becoming an AA LB if they decide to play him as a true LB  instead of a hybrid LB/S/CB that he is playing now

Coach Harbaugh mentioned Peppers was a great RB at his presser today.  He added that would be evaluated next year.

we have options, including jabril, but I think we need a solid 1 - 2 combo. we haven't gotten that this year. I hope it can be deveon and ty/higdon/walker next year.

but to go back on harbaughs point, IMO peppers coudl have been a 5* at about four different positions in high school. RB was one of those.

PostSubject: Re: Next years schedule.   Next years schedule. Empty

Back to top Go down

Next years schedule.
Page 1 of 1