Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michigan Camp Tuesday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Michigan Camp Tuesday Empty
PostSubject: Michigan Camp Tuesday   Michigan Camp Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm

- It was very hot in Ann Arbor on Tuesday. No Rain like Monday.

- Logan Tuley-Tillman was at camp.

- Shane Morris and 2014 QB Chance Stewart were both at camp. Also, QB Devin Gardner was out at camp.

- A name generating some buzz Monday was Channing Stribling (2013 CB from Butler in NC). He was there Tuesday working in the first group. (Had an INT on a bad pass but made it look nice)

- Mike Hart (EMU) and Fred Jackson are coaching together. Berkley Edwards (yes, that Berkley Edwards) was working with Hart and Jackson. Interesting.

- Ondre Pipkins has made a return appearance at camp. Kaleb Ringer and Jarrod Wilson joined him. TE commit Khalid Hill was also in attendance.

- 2014 WR Corey Holmes (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) looked a lot better Tuesday. He burned a DB for a touchdown (not sure who) and got a chest bump from a coach for it.

- 2014 WR Drake Harris (Grand Rapids, Mich./Grand Rapids Christian) looks good. Tall, good strides. He's quick and hasn't dropped a pass yet.He's also a high level basketball prospect and that decision of which sport to play (or both) hasn't been made yet. Drake said in May, which sport he likes best depends, essentially, on what he's playing at the time. He does not have an offer for basketball at this time, but he saidlast month he's been told he could play both if he wanted to at Michigan.

- Drake Harris officially received an offer for football from Michigan.

- WR Amani Bass, the brother of former Michigan football player Antonio Bass, is at camp. (Nice!)

- 2013 RB Aregeros Turner (Copley, Ohio/Copley) is in attendance. He has offers from Tennessee, Washington and Illinois. Listed at 5-9, 165

- 1-on-1 Turner vs. Holmes and Turner got him. Amani Bass won his 1-on-1s. Drake beat Turner in 1-on-1s. Berkley Edwards beat Montrae Nicholson in 1-on-1's

- 2013 LB Grant Smith from Georgia was at camp.

- 2014 LB Greer Martini (Woodberry Forest, Va./Woodberry Forest) is at camp. He's a main target, the coaches are watching him, he looks good and loves Michigan.

- 2014 LB Dorian Hendrix (Huber Heights, Ohio/Wayne) is being watched by coaches.

- 2014 QB Tyler Wiegers also at the camp and Tom reported he did well today also.

- Some of the Raw Talent team from Ohio showed up at camp.

- DT Brandon Hines (Mequon, Wis./Homestead) was at camp. They are evaluating Hines at this point.

- Shane Morris, Chance Stewart and Tyler Wiegers are working as the top quarterbacks in drills.

- 2014 DB Montae Nicholson got an offer.

- 2014 LB Joe Henderson from Shaker Heights, Ohio got an offer. He was with the Raw Talent group from the Cleveland area. Michigan is his first offer, but he was the best linebacker out there so more will probably follow.

- corey holmes @coreyholmes4 tweeted: This is all ive been waitin for. Off to michiganāœˆ. Ya'll wish me luc. Looks like he wants to be Blue.

- Campers confirmed for Wednesday: 2014 DB D'Andre Payne (has offer, one of the top defensive backs in his class), 2014 RB Ashton Jackson (Trotwood, Ohio), Nathaniel Devers, a 2014 OL, 2014 QB DeShone Kizer

Many have wondered if Mike Hart has any future coaching at U of M. Fred Jackson has to retire eventually and I would assume they'd pursue Tyrone Wheatley as his successor but I keep Hart in the back of my mind though. He's a UM RB coach dark-horse at this point.

It would be great to see Wheatley (coaching at Syracuse) get the RB coach job and have Syracuse pursue Hart as his replacement. From what I can tell Hart is still a beloved figure in Central New York.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Camp Tuesday   Michigan Camp Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks for the updates. Are you getting all of this from Twitter?

Cool to hear Hart and Jackson working together.

How do these camps work? I see players are always coming and going. Do the campers change daily? Seems like it would be good to have people there for several days to get some continuity.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Camp Tuesday   Michigan Camp Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:52 pm

From what I remember Michigan Football camps are 3 days in length. Of course when I went to Michigan for a summer camp I was not a highly regarded football recruit, heck I attended Michigan baseball camp as a 12 year-old (I really didn't know what was going on).

All the campers stayed together in South Quad so there was a little interaction during meals and down-time. IIRC the football guys said they were there for anywhere from 2 to 5 days. Not everyone stayed on campus though, people who lived close commuted to save money (even though I lived close I stayed at South Quad because my parents had plenty of money and it got me out of their hair for a few days).

I'm kind of assuming that the BIG TIME recruits stay with boosters, but don't quote me on that.

IMHO if Jackson coaches 5 more years at Michigan Hart will take his place. Less that that Tyrone will be offered the job. If Hart is offered the UM RB coaching position job Ron English will have an aneurysm. English was already royally pissed that Martin hired Rich Clod and wouldn't even interview him. If Michigan "stole" one of his coaches the poor guy would go berserk. English really didn't want to go to Eastern at first, which explains why he had 1 win his first year. English has been able to assemble multiple former-UM players on his coaching staff and Eastern actually won 6 games last year (2 were against D-1aa schools which explains why they didn't go to a Bowl game).

In 5 years who knows where Tyrone will be, doubt that he will take a significant step back even to go back to Michigan.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Camp Tuesday   Michigan Camp Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Man I DO NOT remember so much attention being paid to this camp when I attended when I entered high school...Other than the fact that I was "passing partners" with Ryan Mallett and everyone there was kissing the ground he walked on. However, I did go from 03-05 so social media was a fraction of what it is today, so that could be the difference.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Camp Tuesday   Michigan Camp Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Thanks for the updates. Are you getting all of this from Twitter?

Rothstein and TomVH are "tag teaming" the camp and updating a forum blog on wolverinenation (ESPN pay site)

I'm just taking out the tidbits from the blog that I feel are relevant and posting them as bullet points. The wolverinenation forum goes a lot more in depth though. I just figured these were good highlight points to post.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Camp Tuesday   Michigan Camp Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:37 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
... IMHO if Jackson coaches 5 more years at Michigan Hart will take his place. Less that that Tyrone will be offered the job. If Hart is offered the UM RB coaching position job Ron English will have an aneurysm. English was already royally pissed that Martin hired Rich Clod and wouldn't even interview him. If Michigan "stole" one of his coaches the poor guy would go berserk. English really didn't want to go to Eastern at first, which explains why he had 1 win his first year. English has been able to assemble multiple former-UM players on his coaching staff and Eastern actually won 6 games last year (2 were against D-1aa schools which explains why they didn't go to a Bowl game).

In 5 years who knows where Tyrone will be, doubt that he will take a significant step back even to go back to Michigan.
less than five but Hart is Jackson goes greater than five.

Yep poor Ron English would definitely go mental if Brandon hired Hart away. But English seems to be doing some good things at EMU so we'll see. Winning games (albeit against D1AA schools) tends to keep a coach sane when assistants leave. (See Beleima at UW)

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Camp Tuesday   Michigan Camp Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:13 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
Man I DO NOT remember so much attention being paid to this camp when I attended when I entered high school...Other than the fact that I was "passing partners" with Ryan Mallett and everyone there was kissing the ground he walked on. However, I did go from 03-05 so social media was a fraction of what it is today, so that could be the difference.

This is clearly driven by the ever expanding world of recruiting sites. There is coverage for EVERYTHING these kids do now. Scary really.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Camp Tuesday   Michigan Camp Tuesday EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:59 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
This is clearly driven by the ever expanding world of recruiting sites. There is coverage for EVERYTHING these kids do now. Scary really.

I blame twitter, and MTV...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Camp Tuesday   Michigan Camp Tuesday Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan Camp Tuesday
Page 1 of 1