Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Berenson signs extension.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

OT: Berenson signs extension. Empty
PostSubject: OT: Berenson signs extension.   OT: Berenson signs extension. EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 am

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120716/SPORTS0201/207160420/1131/rss17
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Berenson signs extension.   OT: Berenson signs extension. EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:16 am

Saw that. He is 72, but looks like he is in his mid-60's. My parents are 75 and 73 and don't look nearly as healthy as Red.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Berenson signs extension.   OT: Berenson signs extension. EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Coach Berenson is absolutely amazing. To this day, although with the current renovations at Yost me must go elsewhere, he still does an hour of cardio a day on a stair-master. He is in the best shape of any of his players (cardiovascular speaking), although that is somewhat debatable. What is not debatable, and I've heard this from every player that I have ever spoken with, he has the best back-hand on the team. The guy still skates with the team at practice, AND HE'S 72!

I happened to run into his son, Gordie Berenson, one day a few years ago (I think that it was 2005). We talked for a while about this & that but of course the conversation shifted to his Father. In 2005 Gordie had no idea when his Dad would retire. Gordie said that he & his Mother used to ask him all the time about when he was going to call it quits but Coach just replied, "When I can't handle it anymore". Coach Berenson used to sign yearly contract extensions until this 3-year deal. It makes me think that his former Assistant, Mel Pearson who was with Coach for years until he took the Head Coaching job at Tech (and who was always considered the heir to the Michigan Hockey throne after Coach stepped down), will be coming back to Michigan. Coach Berenson's deal ends after the 2015-2016, Pearson's contract at Tech expires at the same time. IMO Mel is coming home unless tragedy strikes. Coach Berenson will be 76 when his contract runs out, it has brought about comparisons to JoePa in the past but Coach Berenson is such a stand-up guy that there is no way anything like the Penn State scandal could happen.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Berenson signs extension.   OT: Berenson signs extension. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Berenson signs extension.
Page 1 of 1