Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Penn Live

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Penn Live Empty
PostSubject: Penn Live   Penn Live EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:12 am

Took a peak at Penn Live this morning. It is amazing to see so many crying foul in all of this. They are quick to point out the innocent that will be harmed by this but no where in their comments do they mention the innocent that were harmed by Sandusky and covered up by the university from top to bottom. Some of those innocent could have been spared if the university would have acted sooner. At the end of the day football is a game and there are just some things in life that are even bigger than football.

Yes today players, coaches and students were handed penalties from a cover up that they had nothing to do with. Still the university needed to be sent a message that you need to control your program or face severe penalties. I think all of college sports was sent this message. I would like to see more moral and ethics enforcement by the NCAA. So when the Storm Kleins of the world beats up a woman not only will he face penalties from his university he also faces it from the NCAA. I am tired of kids getting in trouble (serious stuff) at schools and having other schools accept them because they are talented. Perhaps the NCAA could impose suspensions or even a show cause penalty for kids that get in trouble with the law.

The NCAA got it right today. They came down hard on PSU but they are allowing kids to transfer without penalty. It will be interesting to see how many kids transfer and change commitments. I am guessing it will be a large number.

P.S.-Still waiting on the the Paterno family to issue a statement minus the hubris.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Penn Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penn Live   Penn Live EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:07 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
At the end of the day football is a game and there are just some things in life that are even bigger than football.

Careful Willie, I get yelled at constantly on this board for saying that I want quality student-athletes, not just football players. I never really saw anyone fully advocate for Dorsey (that was the most recent example) being admitted to Michigan simply for his Football talents but it goes to show, like I said, the checks & balances are in place at Michigan. No one is bigger than the University.

I'm still not convinced that the entire Pedd State thing was "all JoePa's fault". Was he to blame a little? Yes. However not as much as some (i.e. President, AD, Regents, etc.). Doesn't anyone find it odd that Freeh was contracted by the University to make his report and then after JoePa died all of the blame shifted to him? JoePa didn't do enough/or anything really but he isn't the only one.

The current recruiting class will be devastated, I don't expect any of their verbals to remain committed. Of the Freshmen MAYBE 1 or 2 will stay. Sophomores could be as high as 2 or 3. Juniors I expect most to stay unless they have a spot lined up where they will both play and be basically assured of a quality Bowl game. Seniors, no one will leave unless it is a top tier school that can offer playing time, championship possibilities, and they offer a program that is in the players interests and is better than Penn State's. For the next 5 to 8 years I don't see PSU recruiting even a sparty class, they'll be on par with Indiana (Sorry Admin).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

Penn Live
Page 1 of 1