Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garage Sale today was awesome

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Garage Sale today was awesome Empty
PostSubject: Garage Sale today was awesome   Garage Sale today was awesome EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Drove from Chicago to Elkhart, IN, last night to cut drive in half.

Up at 4:30am this morning, on road at 5:15am. Got there at 7:40am, and we were probably between #150-200 in line (didn't open until 9am).

Was worried we were too late for anything good (jerseys), but was quickly put at ease by the woman behind me who was at the last one. She was a UofM grad, husband (who wasn't there) was too. One of the guys in front of us (he was alone) was a grad in 2003, Chemical Engineering. Lives in Russia now working for Exxon (was in town because he doesn't trust the medical system there and brought his wife back to give birth). The other 'kid' in front of me was alone, current student. Believe it or not, he's one of the kids who helped build that speed car thing.

Anyway, inside was a zoo. People grabbing 2-10 jerseys at a time and trying them on off in the distance.

I got lucky. Got a game road uni (#56...stitching still exposed from taking name plate off). Also got a game home uni (NIKE BABY!!!!! #83). Just $50 each....unbelievable.

They also had the maize football pants for $10! Clearly, I couldn't walk out without a pair.

There were also some crazy white football pants with a maize strip down the side. At the hip was the outline ofte wings from the helmet (you know, that logo that had popped up in the last couple years). I asked one of the workers there (who looked like he knew what he was talking about more than anyone) about them. He said they're only used in practice. I asked him if he thought there was a possibility we'd see them on a fall Saturday. He simply shook his head from side to side and mouthed 'No' to me. As I stood and stared at them, I couldn't help but figure those pants were the cause for the rumor a couple years ago that we were going to wear all-whites for a game....that was before last year's MSU game.)

I'll post pics of the purchases and those white practice pants when I can get on a computer.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Garage Sale today was awesome   Garage Sale today was awesome EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Admin wrote:
Lives in Russia now working for Exxon (was in town because he doesn't trust the medical system there and brought his wife back to give birth).

LOL...sounds like me although this distances are way different. I currently live in Mid-Michigan and do not trust the medical community here either. He's on the other side of the world and I'm only 100 miles north of Ann Arbor but it's the same feeling....

Laughing Laughing

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Garage Sale today was awesome   Garage Sale today was awesome EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:09 pm

I am dissapointed that I missed out on this...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Garage Sale today was awesome   Garage Sale today was awesome EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:24 pm

I am torn. Seems like a cool even but sounds like it was a zoo. I probably do not have the patience for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garage Sale today was awesome   Garage Sale today was awesome Empty

Back to top Go down

Garage Sale today was awesome
Page 1 of 1