Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garage sale

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Garage sale Empty
PostSubject: Garage sale   Garage sale EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Anyone know if they are having the "garage sale" this coming Saturday?
Go blue!
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Garage sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage sale   Garage sale EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:01 pm

According to the Freep sports it is a hockey garage sale so there should be lots of cheap stuff. 8 a.m. At indoor track building.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Garage sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage sale   Garage sale EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Garage sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage sale   Garage sale EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 am

GET THERE EARLYYYYYYYYYY.

I'm not sure how large of a crowd an all-hockey sale will bring, but I was up there for the garage sale last year. Got there 2 hours before it started....and I was still buried deep in the line. The line starts at the indoor track building door in right field of the baseball stadium, and wraps around/down the right field line all the way around home plate and back out down the left field line. I was all the way back near first base, and had to wait about 30 minutes after the sale opened before I was even let in (they let people in in increments - like 20 people at a time - but by the end everyone is in there and it's a madhouse).

Luckilly, I still got my hands on a couple nice football jerseys.

But, my point is, if you truly want your pick of the litter, be ready for a very, very early morning on Saturday. Have the Mrs. fill a thermos of coffee and send you on your way early.

Good luck!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Garage sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage sale   Garage sale EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:35 am

Garage sale Bsb-fi10

(That's where the line starts, comes back down the right field line towards home plate, wraps around there and starts going back out towards left field).

umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Garage sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage sale   Garage sale EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Yep last year we showed up about a half hour early and till we got in things were picked through pretty well.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Garage sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage sale   Garage sale EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:13 pm

The annual Hockey garage sale is pretty good. I've never been myself as I don't play and I already have all of the stuff I want (jersey's, autographed pucks, used equipment, etc.) but they sell used equipment, uniforms, that kind of stuff. If you play hockey it's a really cool event, or if you just want a hockey jersey it works as well. I'm not too sure how big the crowds are for that but I think that I recall hearing that if you get there 45 minutes to an hour prior to it opening you get first pick. I can't imagine that the line would be anywhere near as long as football but remember, hockey players are used to getting to the rink at 4 a.m. for ice time. There may not be a lot of them but they get where they need to be early...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garage sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage sale   Garage sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Garage sale
Page 1 of 1