Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  Empty
PostSubject: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:16 am

Win or lose, who do you got having the biggest/best day in Dallas?

I'm going with Kenny Demens.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 am

Denard (who else?) I just don't think their defense has seen anyone quite like him. Sure, many of their LBs and especially their DBs have the speed to hang with him, but JUST to hang with him. Definitely not to run him down from behind, as they think they can do to any Northern school's runners.

As you say, his "big day" (e.g., 400 total yards accounted for) may or may not be enough.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Yes, I agree that Denard needs a big day for us to win but I think that the entire TEAM needs to have a good day. The Team, the Team, the Team.

But I actually think that Fitz needs a big day as well. I don't like saying that because I don't think that he should play but I get the feeling that he will. I hope that I'm wrong though.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:02 pm

michmike wrote:
Denard (who else?) I just don't think their defense has seen anyone quite like him.

They saw Cam Newton (Heisman Trophy winner, rushed for 1,473 yards that year) and he only had 39 yards on 22 carries in that game.

michmike wrote:
Sure, many of their LBs and especially their DBs have the speed to hang with him, but JUST to hang with him. Definitely not to run him down from behind, as they think they can do to any Northern school's runners.

Don't kid yourself MM. Bama's secondary gets outside QUICK! Denard is going to have to rely heavily on blocks that open gaps so he can get up field because he will not beat them running side to side. You are right though, IF he gets through they won't catch him.

Bama finished #1 in total defense and #1 in rushing defense last yer.

Denard played two top ten defense teams last year (Illinois and Michigan St.). He went 30 for 72 in rushing, averaging a lowly 2.4 yards per carry. (Granted Fitz took over the Illinois game so Denard didn't run much there)

In those two games Denard also went 15 of 34 for 215 yards 2TDs and 1INT.

The nice thing is that Bama lost a lot. But once again, don't kid yourself, they will reload. Bama is being hailed as the deepest team in the SEC this year, some say the nation. I personally think they lost too many guys to crown them a preseason top 5 defense but they are probably a top 10 team.

Michigan has 18 returning starters on offense and defense. At this point Alabama has 11 but I think that number might be down to 10 now with the latest loss of a CB. So that shows just how much they lost.

Denard's ability to scramble will be key because I think Bama is going to blitz, blitz, blitz all day long. If our receivers can step up and get open and if Denard can find them and get the ball to them then we should move the ball with some consistency.

I'm worried about our D line. They are SEVERELY undersized. If Bama can establish a consistent run game, and by that I mean 5 yard a carry each and every time, then Michigan is in trouble. McCarron is a good QB and if he's allowed time to sit in the pocket he could pick our secondary apart.

Last I saw Vegas had Bama as 13 point favorites. That could be about right.

If you're asking who could have the best day and you're talking numbers/stats then Demens/Ryan should be big because I think Bama is going to try to run it down our throats so those two would be in on a lot of tackles.

If you're asking who may pop up out of nowhere and surprise us... I'm going with any of the tight ends. I think we're going to see a lot of two tight end sets and to give Denard more blockers and another option during his check downs. There very well may be a lot of 10 yard dump passes over the middle to our TEs in this game. (think Shawn Thompson in the 2000 Orange Bowl)
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:07 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Denard played two top ten defense teams last year (Illinois and Michigan St.). He went 30 for 72 in rushing, averaging a lowly 2.4 yards per carry. (Granted Fitz took over the Illinois game so Denard didn't run much there)

In those two games Denard also went 15 of 34 for 215 yards 2TDs and 1INT.

Forgot he played VT in the sugar bowl. His numbers were equally unimpressive...

Rushing - 13 for 13 (1 yard per carry average)
Passing - 9of 21 for 117 yards 2TDs and 1INT
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think Denard NEEDS to have the biggest day if we're going to win, I just think stats-wise Kenny Demens is in line to rack up the most.

Bama's offensive line is absurd, much like many of the late 90's-early 00's lines we had, full of All Americans.

Couple that with our DL questions, and I think Bama comes into that game looking to run, run, run, run, run, run.

Demens will be given a ridiculous amount of opportunities to make plays....
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Admin wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I think Denard NEEDS to have the biggest day if we're going to win, I just think stats-wise Kenny Demens is in line to rack up the most.

Bama's offensive line is absurd, much like many of the late 90's-early 00's lines we had, full of All Americans.

Couple that with our DL questions, and I think Bama comes into that game looking to run, run, run, run, run, run.

Yep basically what I was trying to say in my post. Jake Ryan could be in for a big day to. His helmet will definitely need a fresh coat of paint after this game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:55 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yep basically what I was trying to say in my post. Jake Ryan could be in for a big day to. His helmet will definitely need a fresh coat of paint after this game.

Exaclty. I went back and forth between Ryan and Demens, gave Kenny the slight edge because of age/experience.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Admin wrote:
Exaclty. I went back and forth between Ryan and Demens, gave Kenny the slight edge because of age/experience.

I think that you just like how he wears his shorts.... queen
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Make no mistake Bama will be looking to stop the run. If Denard or Rawls rushes for over 100 yds I would say things are looking real good for us. We will find out real quick how well DR has progressed as a passer. Bama has lost a lot in the secondary between the draft, injuries and transfers. The passing game has to be on point. I think our offensive gameplan needs to be away from the LOS. Screens and short stuff to put pressure on the inexperienced secondary to make plays.

I think the biggest game comes from Kovacs. He kid has been studying film in class. Tremendous recently posted he looks prepared to play now. I expect them to move him all over. Hang back in coverage, blitz QB,etc. He will be working hard to disrupt Bama's offense. As someone else posted you can't expect much from our D-line with the O-Line they will be facing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:02 pm

haha those sure are goofy.

he posted a pretty ridiculous photo from Media Day earlier on Twitter too.

I'll have to get it up on here tonight from home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?    Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Who has the biggest game vs Alabama?
Page 1 of 1