Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are you going to the Alabama game?

Go down 
4 posters

Are you going to the Alabama game in Dallas?
A) Yes!!
Are you going to the Alabama game?  Vote_lcap13%Are you going to the Alabama game?  Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
B) No. Boo hoo.
Are you going to the Alabama game?  Vote_lcap75%Are you going to the Alabama game?  Vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
C) I don't attend games anymore. Television has become so superb for the viewer that I can't imagine cramming myself inside a stadium and wondering what happened on the last play. You people who still go to games are all nuts!
Are you going to the Alabama game?  Vote_lcap12%Are you going to the Alabama game?  Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Are you going to the Alabama game?  Empty
PostSubject: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Simple question. Answer accordingly or meet my wrath. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Just secured my immensely overpriced tickets the other day. Had my flight, hotel and rental car taken care of months ago. I was lucky in the fact that I was able to use frequent flier miles for my plane ticket and I'm splitting the cost of the hotel and car with my brother-in-law so it shouldn't be too bad.

I cant wait though.

FYI - I just created a flickr account so I can take pictures from the game and upload them to the web. I'll be sure to link and post the pictures here in real time from the game for your enjoyment (and so I can rub it in ha ha!)

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Well, I'm gonna rub it in that I can go to the bathroom during commercial breaks and not miss a thing. Also, the beer at my place is cheaper...

But I will appreciate the pictures you post.

BTW, by that time I will be all moved to my new place, 10 minutes from Michigan Stadium FOR EVERY HOME GAME but you'll be over 2,000 miles away...

See, I can play that game too...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:56 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Just secured my immensely overpriced tickets the other day. Had my flight, hotel and rental car taken care of months ago. I was lucky in the fact that I was able to use frequent flier miles for my plane ticket and I'm splitting the cost of the hotel and car with my brother-in-law so it shouldn't be too bad.

I cant wait though.

FYI - I just created a flickr account so I can take pictures from the game and upload them to the web. I'll be sure to link and post the pictures here in real time from the game for your enjoyment (and so I can rub it in ha ha!)

Congrats! Should be the experience of a lifetime. Kind like the ND game last year I do not think there will be another game like it. I just hope you do not come away from the game disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:00 pm

[quote="2ndComingOfBo"]
BTW, by that time I will be all moved to my new place, 10 minutes from Michigan Stadium FOR EVERY HOME GAME quote]

So you're saying I have a place to crash when I'm too drunk to drive away from AA (which is every time)??

Nice.

Thanks, bud!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:08 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I cant wait though.

Congrats! Should be the experience of a lifetime. Kind like the ND game last year I do not think there will be another game like it. I just hope you do not come away from the game disappointed.

Yep, I moved some work stuff around and made the ND game happen.

True story, not many people may have heard or remember this but last year here in southern California, northern Mexico and parts of Arizona the power went out for almost a day. There was a HUGE grid failure somewhere and long story short it was the night before I was scheduled to fly back to Michigan for the UTL game.

The airports were shut down and I was flipping out. There was no way I wasn't going back for that game. I called the airline and basically worked it out that if the power wasn't back on and my flight was canceled I was going to rent a car and drive to Las Vegas and fly out from there. Luckily the power came back on and I made it to the game.

I am flying to Memphis to meet up with my brother-in-law on Wednesday and we're flying down to Dallas Thursday night. I can't wait for this game.

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Please start a thread once you get there. It will be great to hear all about it-the atmosphere, who has the most fans, etc.

Looks like Game Day will be there. Perhaps you guys can get there early and hold up a mgoforum sign on tv. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:17 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Please start a thread once you get there. It will be great to hear all about it-the atmosphere, who has the most fans, etc.

Looks like Game Day will be there. Perhaps you guys can get there early and hold up a mgoforum sign on tv. Very Happy

Admin, what say you? I'll try to make it happen if you want.

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 pm

WillieMfan wrote:

I'll try my best at in the field blogging with my phone but the game starts at 7 p.m. and I'll be tailgating most of the day so I'm sure I'll be feeling pretty good well before that. I may fall off the grid pretty early.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:17 pm

You'll receive a pass for any grammatical errors made that day. Bring your phone charger though!

ADMIN- My place isn't cheap although you can afford it. Buy the pizza & beer and we'll be all good. Not too mention if we go to the Vu you're also buying...

Last edited by 2ndComingOfBo on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:25 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

I'll try my best at in the field blogging with my phone but the game starts at 7 p.m. and I'll be tailgating most of the day so I'm sure I'll be feeling pretty good well before that. I may fall off the grid pretty early.

That will just make it more entertaining. The funny thing is most of us will also be drunk so whatever you post will probably make complete sense to us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

That will just make it more entertaining. The funny thing is most of us will also be drunk so whatever you post will probably make complete sense to us. Very Happy

Yes it is true... inebriated minds think alike.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:47 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

Admin, what say you? I'll try to make it happen if you want.

Um. YES?!?!?!?!

Haha that would be AWESOME, dude!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to the Alabama game?    Are you going to the Alabama game?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you going to the Alabama game?
Page 1 of 1