Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Biggest Disapointment

Go down 
+4
Markwawf
wshoes
mgoblue93
MgoBlue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

Biggest Disapointment Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:53 am

The defense is the biggest disappointment IMO. I expected a 2013 MSU like performance from them this year. I expected a defense that would buy our offense some time to gel. Yes I have seen our defensive numbers and some would lead you to believe they are good. I also saw the ND game where we couldn't stop them moving up and down the field on us. Last year, MSU's offense was laughable but their defense never gave an inch. Even faced with short fields, they never budged.

I really expected that from our defense this year. What's one more year of dissapointment eh?
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 am

wow, and i thought the defense looked no less than solid.

i was much more disappointed, in fact, infuriated, with the offense and special teams.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:57 am

What were your expectations before the season for the offense? How did you feel about our o-line? About our running game? How did you feel about replacing Our leading wr?

We needed the defense to carry us. They can't get to the QB and they can't get turnovers. I don't give a shit if they are stout against the run.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:36 am

The defense IMO has been pretty good (considering we haven't faced any top offenses (will see what Utah does in conference). Still they can't seem to stop key pass plays when they have to.

However compared to the offense AND special teams, it has been great.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 am

The other note about the defense is that they are not as good as they may seem from the stats because our offense plays so slowly that they face fewer snaps.
Back to top Go down
Markwawf

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:21 am

Yeah, what is up with that? Michigan has the second slowest offense in FBS, only ahead of army out of 126 teams, if I heard right. Just a quirk or something more meaningful?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:26 am

How can you blame the defense . Hell they git the only TD, Michigan offense doesn't even know what color the grass is in the end zone.This offense is so pathetic

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Markwawf wrote:
Yeah, what is up with that?  Michigan has the second slowest offense in FBS, only ahead of army out of 126 teams, if I heard right.  Just a quirk or something more meaningful?

I think it is just another sympton of the clownshow Hoke has turned this program into. Lots of programs in the country are using tempo to gain an offensive advantage and we're going the opposite way. There are some good offenses that play slow, but they have tons of talent and are well coached. We don't really have either, especially the latter.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 2:55 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
How can you blame the defense . Hell they git the only TD, Michigan offense doesn't even know what color the grass is in the end zone.This offense is so pathetic

Ok, get something straight-I'm not just blaming the defense for this shit show. That's on all three units. However, I do feel disappointed in their performance this year. Can you really say you expected a lot out of our offense???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 3:44 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:

Ok, get something straight-I'm not just blaming the defense for this shit show. That's on all three units.  However, I do feel disappointed in their performance this year.  Can you really say you expected a lot out of our offense???  

Actually with all the 4-5 star players pn that side of the ball Yes I expect something , Greene, Kalis and Gardner were highly recruited athletes, Butts and others if these kids with their abilities should be kicking butt on some of these other teams

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:59 am

The pass defense is what's disappointing. The run defense is the best we've had in years. But our secondary is simply lost in space.

MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:18 pm

We will put that to the test on Saturday Admin.

Michigan is dead last in turnovers. I realize that is also on the offense so it makes you feel better they are tied for 113 in take-aways.

They are 84th in negative plays.

That's a whole lot of shitty programs in front of Michigan.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:35 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
The defense is the biggest disappointment IMO.  I expected a 2013 MSU like performance from them this year.  I expected a defense that would buy our offense some time to gel.  Yes I have seen our defensive numbers and some would lead you to believe they are good.  I also saw the ND game where we couldn't stop them moving up and down the field on us.  Last year, MSU's offense was laughable but their defense never gave an inch.  Even faced with short fields, they never budged.  

I really expected that from our defense this year.  What's one more year of dissapointment eh?

I'm a little late responding to this, but oh well. In this particular game, the defense gave up 19 points and scored 7, for a net of 12. When you add in the fact that two of Utah's FGs came on drives that started in our territory I find it hard to put much blame on them. We also outgained our opponent like we did against ND. The problem is the Brady Hoke clownshow that is our offense and special teams.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 8:59 pm

This needed a bump. Nova is on pace to throw 564 yards. We make him look like a Heisman candidate. We can't wrap up. We can't sack the QB. Zero turnovers. Tell me how our defense is solid again.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Very little pass rush and I am not sure if we have a defensive backfield, we finally score some points and now we can't stop the other team from scoring.

Last edited by umichfaninpa on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled word)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:18 pm

This whole GD coaching staff is a Joke no fundamentals, no concept of tackling, what a cluster Fu##

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disapointment   Biggest Disapointment Empty

Back to top Go down

Biggest Disapointment
Page 1 of 1