Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Fantasy Football

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

OT: Fantasy Football Empty
PostSubject: OT: Fantasy Football   OT: Fantasy Football EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Ok so being a football forum there must be some of you that play fantasy football. I have my draft this week and wanted to throw something out to see what others think. Last year two tight ends Graham and Gronkowski put up WR like numbers. Gronk had 17 td's!!!!! Both are young. I am strongly considering grabbing one of them in the first (depending on where I draft)or second round.

Am I over-valuing these guys? I need to do some mock drafts and see where these guys are getting picked.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: OT: Fantasy Football   OT: Fantasy Football EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:31 pm

I would say YES, you are over-valuing them. The best TEs out there deserve to be drafted in the good WR rounds only, if you can get a good RB or QB in the first, that's what you do. Include the second and maybe the third rounds. JMO.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Fantasy Football   OT: Fantasy Football EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 pm

I think the game has changed. It used to be RB's snatched up in the first round. Now you only see a couple of RB's taken in the first. Just like in the NFL the rb position has been devalued with teams doing rb by committee and so many pass oriented offenses.

I really feel like if you can get #1 production from a TE it gives you an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Fantasy Football   OT: Fantasy Football EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Overvaluing, imho. Those were freak numbers that will be hard to duplicate. Not to mention there are only a handful of top RB's. You've got to take one if he's there, no question.

However, as I type that, I took Andre Johnson and Wes Welker in my first and second. But I was 13th pick of 14 (snake draft). Top RBs gone, had to take the top WRs. Ended up with Frank Gore, Jonathan Stewart and Kevin Smith as the RBs. Eli at QB. Anquad my 3rd WR. Owen Daniels and Brent Celek to choose from at TE. And Jared Allen for my DP!! Oh yeah! haha

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Fantasy Football   OT: Fantasy Football EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:12 am

Welker is solid. Johnson is injury prone. That said johnson has the potential to carry your team if he stays healthy.

Graham and Gronk are going second round avg. right now per ESPN. I am hoping I draft top 4. I will end up with a top QB and then grab Graham the second. I would be happy with Rice as well. The rb's drop off significantly after the top 5 or so.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: OT: Fantasy Football   OT: Fantasy Football EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:15 am

WillieMfan wrote:
I think the game has changed. It used to be RB's snatched up in the first round. Now you only see a couple of RB's taken in the first. Just like in the NFL the rb position has been devalued with teams doing rb by committee and so many pass oriented offenses.

I really feel like if you can get #1 production from a TE it gives you an advantage.

Very good point on the RBs.

I still think my point on the TEs is valid, in that the two you mention are only valued with the top tier WRs. There is no doubt that the best TE can give you an advantage, but that can be said about any position, including kicker and ST/D.

You still should go with a QB based on TD projections alone. Even the 20th best QB should double up TDs over Gronk. Depending on your scoring system, you could get yardage points also.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Fantasy Football   OT: Fantasy Football EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 pm

A lot of it has to do with your league setup as well.

In a PPR (point per reception) league, guys who catch a lot of balls are the most coveted, i.e. Welker.

At the same time, top RBs fly off the shelf in our league. A guy like Shady McCoy, who touches the ball 25+ times a game, is a Top 3 lock.

Aaron Rogers went #1. First time a QB has ever gone top 5 in our league.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Fantasy Football   OT: Fantasy Football Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Fantasy Football
Page 1 of 1