Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 am

Apparently the Hawaii coaches told their players of this in practice.

The guy on MGoBlog says one of the players informed him.

I'm not sure how this would be played in '14 as we already have a 12-game schedule locked in. There are two 'bye' weeks in there though, Oct 4th and Nov 15th (we don't play Ohio that year until Nov 29th).

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/rumor-uh-play-um-aa

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:21 am

Can't you add a 13th game if you travel to Hawaii? I'm not sure how it works, but I think you can add an additional home game to offset the travel costs of going to Hawaii.

Maybe UM is going to the island.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Based on the post at MGo, the game would be played in AA.

Perhaps it's the 'return trip' from the '99 game? lol

(I think it was '99 that we went out there, may be off by a year)

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Admin wrote:
Based on the post at MGo, the game would be played in AA.

Perhaps it's the 'return trip' from the '99 game? lol

(I think it was '99 that we went out there, may be off by a year)

damn, I was looking for an excuse to get out to Hawaii. I'm pretty sure my wife would have said yes to that game in a heartbeat.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 pm

But wouldn't Pedd State get mad? I mean that is suppose to be their bowl game that year...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 2:13 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Can't you add a 13th game if you travel to Hawaii? I'm not sure how it works, but I think you can add an additional home game to offset the travel costs of going to Hawaii.

Maybe UM is going to the island.

We added Hawaii as a 12th game in 1986 and 1998 when college football traditionally had 11 game regular season schedules. Both times, the game was played at Hawaii and both times, it was played after our games with Ohio State. The '86 game taking place December 6th, a full 2 weeks after Jim Harbaugh's guaranteed victory over the Bucks.

To this day, I don't really know why those games were ever scheduled and why they were the last regular season game both times. I was too young to remember the first contest but when we played them in 98, I remember many folks asking what the point of this game was. It was really weird having to wait until 11:30 p.m. to see a Michigan football game.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 2:37 pm

I don't remember the first game either, but yeah, 98' was just goofy.

I remember being upset that we had scheduled a game after the Ohio game. I understood the reasoning (essentially a second bowl trip for the kids), but I didn't like it. I doubt Brandon would ever repeat that.

As for this game we're talking about, it only makes sense to do it on that first open date, imho (Oct 4th).

It'd be nice to have that bye week on Nov 15th. We'll be coming off a three game stretch of Penn State, Iowa and @ Nebraska. Be nice to heal up and prepare for the final THREE games: Northwestern, @ OSU and the B1G Championship.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:04 pm

I fell asleep during the 1998 game, and I never miss a UM game.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:01 pm

I slept through the 3rd quarter in the 2003 Indiana game. Celebrated my Birthday the night before so you've gotta give me a pass...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014   Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumor on MGoBlog: Michigan negotiating with Hawaii for 2014
Page 1 of 1