Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Countess / Glass half full.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
uofmchris

Countess / Glass half full..... Empty
PostSubject: Countess / Glass half full.....   Countess / Glass half full..... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:01 pm

With Countess earning a medical red shirt from his unfortunate injury Saturday, at least this gives us a chance to have a strong secondary unit down the road......

Hey... Gotta try and look at the positives here... LOL...

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Countess / Glass half full.....   Countess / Glass half full..... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:10 pm

And maybe Hoke will learn to stop playing his starters on special teams.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Countess / Glass half full.....   Countess / Glass half full..... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:13 pm

I don't think we'll see Hoke ever really veer away from that.

At least not until are depth chart is just stacked with all-stars.

His thought is that "hey, special teams are 1/3 of the game. We've got to have our best players on the field in that aspect of the game as well."

I completely understand his reasoning. Just not certain if I agree with is 100%.

Live and learn.

And like 'chris said, at least this kid will get to RS. (Thank god)

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Countess / Glass half full.....   Countess / Glass half full..... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:17 pm

It's like dropping a good player in a piggy bank and saving him for a rainy day. The secondary should be scary good in 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Countess / Glass half full.....   Countess / Glass half full..... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:21 pm

I don't think we'll see Hoke ever really veer away from that.

At least not until are depth chart is just stacked with all-stars.

His thought is that "hey, special teams are 1/3 of the game. We've got to have our best players on the field in that aspect of the game as well."

I completely understand his reasoning. Just not certain if I agree with is 100%.

Live and learn.

And like 'chris said, at least this kid will get to RS. (Thank god)

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Countess / Glass half full.....   Countess / Glass half full..... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm

EJinGA wrote:
And maybe Hoke will learn to stop playing his starters on special teams.

Everyone love Beamer ball when he plays his starters on special teams. Everyone loved it when Marquis Walker blocked a punt when he was a starter on special teams. Everyone loved it when Desmond or Charles took one to the house when they were starters on special teams.

It's a risk, but it's not uncommon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Countess / Glass half full.....   Countess / Glass half full..... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Marquis Walker....was it that Iowa game he blocked a punt?

I think so....I think it was Gary Danielson who talked about his two hands ---> the right hand that made that ridiculous one-handed catch in the endzone, and then the left hand he used to block that punt.

We're stepping into WH territory now...but I think I'm right.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Countess / Glass half full.....   Countess / Glass half full..... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

I think it was the Iowa game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countess / Glass half full.....   Countess / Glass half full..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Countess / Glass half full.....
Page 1 of 1