Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
EJinGA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? Empty
PostSubject: Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?   Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:55 am

I have a bad feeling about this Saturday...

Not only do we need the 'W', we also have recruiting on the line. Treadwell will be at The Big House and they need to lock him up this weekend, or we will likely lose him to Florida. As bad as their WR's look, Treadwell is a must. Hoke needs a commitment from him as much as he needs a win.

I think Hoke needs to win big, and not have his defense embarrased by the triple option.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?   Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:58 am

Nope, not crazy. I'm worried as well. Let's home the loss doesn't become two losses. They need to regroup and regroup NOW!

Put it behind them and go out and solidly beat an inferior team.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?   Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Fish/EJ---

I would never call anyone crazy for being apprehensive going into a game. But I don't feel your anxieties are well-founded.

I (like the oddsmakers) simply can't see how a team both of whose lines average 50-55 pounds less than our own can present us with any real test.

For the record, the two D-linemen I'm expecting to have a field day are Craig Roh and Jibreel Black. They sure as hell won't be "undersized" for their positions Saturday...

Then again, important though it is, controlling the trenches isn't the only aspect of winning a football game. There are these things called: STs...turnovers...penalties. How's that saying go, "That's WHY we..."
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?   Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:42 pm

After "the horror," in 2007, I get nervous about any game.

With that said, I would be more worried about this game had we lost to Bama by a field goal. Losing sucks either way but I think getting blown out makes a team more angry than devastated going into their next game.

Andy Mignery was interviewed on WTKA this week, as he always is, and he said the players have to make sure to not let Bama beat you twice. Getting Fitz and Clark back certainly helps. Not to mention 110,000 fans rooting for you, provided the students get to the game on time, which was a constant issue last year as we all know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?   Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Has Hoke said the 2 were reinstated?

I really have been out of the loop this week. Last I knew both suspensions were "indefinite".
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?   Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Yes, and Fitz likely to start.

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: The more I hear about Air Force...   Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 pm

(and the further away we get from the Alabama game) the better I feel. Their defense, frankly, sounds terrible. Their offense sounds tricky, but they also lost a lot from last year, and lost their starting Center(and maybe best lineman) in the last game. I'll be shocked if we don't have a big day offensively against them and as long as we're disciplined defensively we should be able to contain their offense. I thing Kovacs will play a huge roll in this game, and I have more trust in him than anyone else on the defense. I think their offense will have it's moments, but I don't think they'll run roughshod over us.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?   Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Did Air Force lose a lot from last year? If so, that's not saying much considering their results...

AIR FORCE - 2011 (7-6)

(Win) South Dakota 37-20
(Loss) Texas Christian 19-35
(Win) Tennessee State 63-24
(Win) Navy 35-34
(Loss) Notre Dame 33-59
(Loss) San Diego State 27-41
(Loss) Boise State 26-37
(Win) New Mexico 42-0
(Win) Army 24-14
(Loss) Wyoming 17-25
(Win) UNLV 45-17
(Win) Colorado State 45-21
(Loss) Toledo 41-42
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?   Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I crazy to be nervous about the game against Air Force?
Page 1 of 1