Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You know, it really sucks when...

Go down 
+5
michmike
joe
mgoblue93
fishgoblue22
EJinGA
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

You know, it really sucks when... Empty
PostSubject: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 am

It's the first week of October and you're already burned out on football. The Lion's season is basically over and Michigan has been a dissapointment. It's so much fun to look forward to football season all year, just to have the Lions shatter your dreams by week 4. I know Michigan still has a chance to accomplish something, but another 300 clams wasted on NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the clowns in blue and silver. Rolling Eyes

I guess the good news is the Wolverines have a good shot at the conference championship, and the Tigers are in the post season. I just hope they didnt give up their best pitching prospect just to get pummeled in the first series...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:46 am

How can anyone say the UM is a disapointment? They lost to two top 10 teams. Looking at the rest of the B1G, I think UM has a legit shot to run the table. NEB and OSU are the toughest teams left. MSU has the worst receivers in the league, but their D will keep them in every game.

Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:02 am

I'm with EJ on this. I can't remember being this ho-hum about football season. I think the blowout to bama really took the wind out of my sails. Part of it, is that the Big Ten isn't a player in the national picture.

O$U is the highest ranked team and they are a non-factor. PSU is done as a program. Nebraska and Wisconsin are marginal underachievers. MSU is still Sparty (lol.) NW and Minn are having success, but both will end up beaten several times.

In other words, even if we win the Big Ten, no one will notice or care.

Denard Robinson is a lame duck QB. Senior year, underachieving, and won't be replaced (not that I want him to be replaced.) I think that is a big reason for my lack of excitement.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 am

I couldn't care less how the rest of the B1G performs. I'm a UM fan, not a B1G fan. Win the conference and win the Rose Bowl and the rest means absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:33 am

my point is, is that the Big Ten is down, and it isn't a great accomplishment to win it this year. will whichever team that wins the big ten, even be ranked in the top ten? i suppose if we get to the Rose Bowl Id be very excited again. Would love to see Denard finish with a bang and a nice RB victory over Oregon or USC.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 am

Still a huge accomplishment. I'm with Fish on this one

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Still a huge accomplishment. I'm with Fish on this one

If they win the Rose Bowl, yes. If they lose, the Big Ten will continue to be a laughing stock.

I'm not one of those guys that "cheers on the Big Ten" every week either, but we must admit, the in-conference competition sucks; and that is not good.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:28 am

I think I'm ready for a change...I think this team has maximized its potential. I'm anxious for next year already. I will enjoy this year, but not as much as I normally do.

Very interested in the QB competition next year between three solid guys.

Anxious to see how the D progresses w/all the freshmen getting PT.

Will be interesting to see how Borgess runs the offense if it's Bellamy or Morris.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 pm

I agree. I know Hoke and his staff had to bend thier scheme to fit DRob, but I am looking forward to them going to the pro-style full time. I can't wait to see how good this team can be when he gets his own guys that play the way that he wants.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:39 pm

EJinGA wrote:
I can't wait to see how good this team can be when [BH] gets his own guys that play the way that he wants.

I'm of the impression that, in at least two respects, this team already does. They play hard and cohesively.

I do get your drift, though...and have to concur to at least an extent. When the young men he recruited
have been in his (and AB's) system a couple of years, and aren't RR's players being "shoehorned" into a less-favorable (for them) system...a'la Denard as QB in the pro-style for instance.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:58 pm

I sort of feel the same as most of you. I love me some DRob, but not as our QB. Just too much wondering which DRob will be out there from qtr to qtr!! BUT, I will be right there with them every game the rest of the year!!

I have this little tug in my gut; hoping our recruits for next year don't bolt if this season goes sour; and don't say it can't happen because we all know how fickle they can be. If we can hold on to what we have, and add a WR and (fill in the blank) to the class, I feel we WILL be a real b*tch to handle.

I'm just sayin! Smile

Go Blue

jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Since I view the Lions as a joke, their 1-3 start is both predictable and amusing to me. As for Michigan, due to the weakness of the Big Ten, I think they will still have a strong conference season. I will savor a win in two weeks. I'm also looking forward to seeing Hoke's recruits gradually begin to assert themselves. Still very excited for the College Football season.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Win or lose (preferably win) I'm always Blue....

And damn proud to be an alumnus as well. I love Michigan and NOTHING will change that.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Win or lose (preferably win) I'm always Blue....

And damn proud to be an alumnus as well. I love Michigan and NOTHING will change that.

This fellow alum of yours is in total agreement with that last sentence, 2nd.

Though admittedly, the Bill Martin/RichRod combination came pretty damned close...

Knowing it was an aberration which the true (U-M) powers-that-be would never tolerate
indefinitely was what kept me on board the whole while.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:16 am

proud alum here too - stephen m ross school of business, bsba, finance, class of 93. when were you guys on campus? i miss the 90's- QB U, Heisman Pose, 1997, Woodson, Rose Bowls, and O$U dominance.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 9:29 am

mgoblue93 wrote:
when were you guys on campus?

You don't want to know...

OK, maybe you do. When you were busy being born, I gather. The early Seventies. Bo's early years.
Dennis Franklin. Dave Brown. Dave Gallagher. The class of '75 was probably the most screwed team
in the 40 years I've followed college (and esp. Michigan) football: 30-2-1 record (1972-74), no probation
of any kind (like it would have happened under Bo?), and zero bowls...thanks to that bullshit B10 rule, which wasn't repealed until 1975, allowing only one team to go to a postseason bowl.

As long-ago Illinois coach Bob Blackmon once told the media, in trying to explain why the conference had
fallen so far behind the others (SEC, and as they were then, Big Eight): "In the SEC, or Big Eight, your team
as as much as a 4- or 5-in-8 chance of going to a bowl. Here in the Big 10, we have a 1-in-10 chance."

Still, I loved campus (and A-squared in general) at least as much for the non-football aspects of university
life at that wonderfully-irresponsible, halcyon age (18-22). And particularly U-M life...even in those
turbulent times.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 am

Michmike: same years for me. I lived in coops at Oxford Housing and as a senior had a GREAT apartment at 911 Oakland, one block from State/Packard. I applied to only U of M!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:57 pm

I only attended UM for graduate school, although I went to undergrad right down the road so I was on campus at Michigan a lot anyway (Naked Mile baby)!

Anyway, I was at Michigan during the Navarre years.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Dwoody--- my best year, I think, was my junior year, when I lived in U-Towers (corner of S.Univ. and S.Forest). Sixth-floor corner apartment, looking in the direction of the School of Public Health (so I guess
that's the NE corner).

BTW---our absent-of-late femme colleague, BlueRoses, was also our comtemp. and classmate (or, at least, her undergrad time overlapped some of ours). I never knew her, though. (Until, 35 years later, we got together with some other alum at a Sports Restaurant/Bar in Springfield, Mass., to watch RR's team blow a big lead and lose to
Purdue in 2009...)
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 7:14 pm

[quote="2ndComingOfBo"]I only attended UM for graduate school, although I went to undergrad right down the road so I was on campus at Michigan a lot anyway (Naked Mile baby!)

The Hash Bash was the premo event in my day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know, it really sucks when...   You know, it really sucks when... Empty

Back to top Go down

You know, it really sucks when...
Page 1 of 1