Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It sucks to say this but...

Go down 
+2
bluenote
ThatGuy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

It sucks to say this but... Empty
PostSubject: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 4:15 am

...at least next year we get McCaffery.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 7:52 am

I haven't given up on this year. A B1G title and/or playoffs are probably off the table, but we can play in a NY bowl if we keep running the ball like yesterday. It's time to make that the focus of the offense, with just enough easy pass plays to keep D's honest.

No man is more important than The Team.
No coach is more important than The Team.
The Team, The Team, The Team
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 8:04 am

If I didn't give up during our 3-9 or 5-7 years, I'm not giving up on this year. Since I projected 8-4 or 9-3 before the season started and 8-4 looks very possible now, this isn't far off. Now I did let myself get caught up in a little euphoria after beating now .500 team florida, there is some disappointment but this is all part of the process.

My guess is that we ride with O'Korn till the next loss if it is coupled with a bad performance on his part. Then I would guess that we get a look at Peters.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 12:46 pm

8-4 looks very likely the BIG looks very weak O$U IS GOING TO KILL US PSu might too. but the rest looks pretty bad as well.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
tmorris

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Its a bit ludicrous to say the BIG is weak when 3 out of the top 5 are BIG. Bottom line is this team is not very good and the trajectory of the program over the past three years is remarkably alike that of Rich Rod. The program should be an offensive juggernaut given the hype of the Offensive Guru Harbaugh was thought to be.This team should not be carried by the defense. QB play has consistently been abysmal. Thought Harbaugh was the QB whisperer.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 4:15 pm

I am sorry, but you can't in good faith say that Jake Rudock's play was "abysmal". Make some sense of that statement. Speight also was not bad until he got hurt last year.
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:04 pm

tmorris wrote:
Its a bit ludicrous to say the BIG is weak when 3 out of the top 5 are BIG. Bottom line is this team is not very good and the trajectory of the program over the past three years is remarkably alike that of Rich Rod....

It's more than a bit ludicrous to say this resembles anything like the Rich Rod years. It's fine to be disappointed, most of us are. Saying this looks anything like that train wreck chapter of Michigan football history might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.

No man is more important than The Team.
No coach is more important than The Team.
The Team, The Team, The Team
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 11:59 pm

bluenote wrote:
tmorris wrote:
Its a bit ludicrous to say the BIG is weak when 3 out of the top 5 are BIG. Bottom line is this team is not very good and the trajectory of the program over the past three years is remarkably alike that of Rich Rod....

It's more than a bit ludicrous to say this resembles anything like the Rich Rod years. It's fine to be disappointed, most of us are. Saying this looks anything like that train wreck chapter of Michigan football history might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.

I agree, this is nothing like Rich Clod. It's not even like Hoke but that would be a better comparison. Remember, it's only year #3 and we still don't have a mature Harbaugh recruited QB yet. Peters is the closest thing but apparently he isn't ready yet.

It'll be either Peters or McCaffery next year, my money is on McCaffery though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Hoke's last class and the transition class were weak. Those are classes that should have been leading this team. Harbaugh has done a great job in restocking and building quality depth. That will manifest itself next year and beyond.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 6:24 pm

RichRod was light years better than Hoke, who is a clueless idiot. I got so sick of his g-d "115 sons" bullshit.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 12:32 am

dwoody wrote:
RichRod was light years better than Hoke, who is a clueless idiot. I got so sick of his g-d "115 sons" bullshit.

I disagree...about Rich Rod being light years better than Hoke. I agree that Hoke was clueless (as was I when I actually liked the guy)...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 8:59 am

The notion that Rich Rod's offense was only good against lousy teams was demonstrably false. Rich's offense did worse against better teams- but everyone's offense does worse against better teams. But I documented at the time that RR's offenses gained more against almost every team excluding the 2008 season when he had no QB) than the average gained against those teams- so his offenses outperformed the average expected yardage against almost everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It sucks to say this but...   It sucks to say this but... Empty

Back to top Go down

It sucks to say this but...
Page 1 of 1