Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MichMike- if you are out there

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

MichMike- if you are out there Empty
PostSubject: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:52 pm

How goes it? Have you been enjoying the baseball play-offs?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Hey shoes, welcome back.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks fish!

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:19 pm

wshoes wrote:
How goes it? Have you been enjoying the baseball play-offs?

'shoes

Glad as a Lab puppy finding a new shoe to chew to shmizzerines that you made it back, Shoes!!!

Yes, I love pitching duels...especially when the team on the short end is the Damned Yankees!

In this day and age of pampered pitch-counts, Justin Verlander is a flat-out freak of nature; not only
tremendous command of his repertoire, but increasing velocity after 130 pitches is unreal. Wish
he could have gotten the CG last night, but I'll take a 3-0 advantage.

What's your prediction for Saturday? Mine's 20-6...can't see that moribund Sparty "offense" finding
our endzone...against our vastly-improving defense.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:35 am

Mike,

I hate picking Mich games in part because I am aware of my lack of objectivity. I like your pick though and I feel pretty good about the game. I was going to go right back after going last week, but decided against on Monday. We'd better not have any satellite issues.

I am thoroughly enjoying the baseball play-offs. My 93 year old Dad lives and dies with the Tigers and its been a fun thing to share over the phone. Someone MLive (romeo, I think) said watching JV pitch is must see like watching Bob Gibson in years gone by and I agree. A fierce competitor with the talent to match.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:48 am

I'm actually happy about the rainout last night. I was able to get to bed at a decent hour. Maybe I'm old, but it is hard to get up in the AM after those late finishes.

JV is a man among boys. TBS kept saying he didn't have his A stuff, but still only gave up 3 hits and 1 run. His B stuff is THAT good.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 am

'Mornin', Shoes...

You've long since been aware, I assume, of my May 2010 relocation to the Balto-Wash area due to a new job?

Well, I can tell you: it's amazing how awash this area is in talent very close to home (our hearts): from Owings Mills (about 11 miles from the MD town I live in) hails Blake Countess; from Baltimore proper, Henri Poggi and another prized recruit whose name escapes me; and from Millersville (5 miles from me), Josh Furman. I'm sure I've missed a few.

And mighty Justin V. is a native of Richmond.

Glad your Dad's enjoying his Tigers' run. Too bad Old Man Weather delayed the inevitable last night. And sometimes, a hiccup in scheduling like this, even if only one day, can have "strange" consequences. Shit, the Tiger, with his paw on the Yankee throat, wants to rip it open...not have to sit on it and wait!!!
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
JV is a man among boys. TBS kept saying he didn't have his A stuff, but still only gave up 3 hits and 1 run. His B stuff is THAT good.

AND, Fish---that "B" stuff was more than good enough despite giving the Yankee hitters* so many hitters' counts (2-0, 3-0), yet coming back to get them all.

* - perhaps "missers" would be more appropriate in their case, given their ALCS batting averages.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:02 am

Mike,

Yes I remember your mentioning that move (from Mass with forays into Canada?). Hope the job is working out well. I have a good friend in Virginia and another right in DC, so I get to hear about a lot of the local doings from time to time.

When its the Tigers I don't want anything left to chance, if its two other teams I usually pull for the series to go 7.

Fish, I hear you about the sleep deprivation, I've been going through it myself the last couple of weeks.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MichMike- if you are out there   MichMike- if you are out there Empty

Back to top Go down

MichMike- if you are out there
Page 1 of 1