Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This year's Kyle Kalis?

Go down 
+2
WillieMfan
WhatsYourDeal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WhatsYourDeal

This year's Kyle Kalis? Empty
PostSubject: This year's Kyle Kalis?   This year's Kyle Kalis? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:33 am

David Dawson has announced his top four: UF is #1, then he has LSU, Bama, and tOSU all even at #2.

Will be interesting if he picks OSU.

what does everyone think of him as a prospect (on field views?)
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: This year's Kyle Kalis?   This year's Kyle Kalis? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:06 am

The kid is a prick. Yea I know he is a kid but come on OSU???? That to me is just a slap in the face and IMO intentional. I do not fault him for de-committing. Personally I think he goes to Florida.

As far as being a player he is obviously talented. No question. He's the #1 linemen in the country.

I also think he is a head case. He is very erratic on Twitter and constantly seems to need stroking. I exchanged messages with someone in the know and they confirmed he is a bit of a head case. Went so far as to say that there are some in Michigan's recruiting class that are happy he is going elsewhere.

Personally I think the bad outweighs the good. There are plenty of cases where someone with a ton of talent was ruined because they mentally did not have it together.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: This year's Kyle Kalis?   This year's Kyle Kalis? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am

A few things....

Florida seems to be where he wants to go. I kind of thought that before he committed and when he did commit to UM I was happy but surprised.

Obviously he's talented. I would have loved to have him on our line. I think the UM fan base is really starting to "lick their chops" so to speak with the OL talent UM is hauling in. Having Dawson as part of that talent was great and I hate to see him go but clearly Hoke and Co are putting emphasis on the lines so while we lose the #1 guy we have more than able talent to move in take his place. Although I will say that Dawson was a monster at some of the camps this last summer.

This is the first I've heard of him being somewhat of a headcase. I don't follow his twitter so I wouldn't have known but regardless of if he's the #1 or the #100 lineman, I wouldn't want that poison in the locker room. Also the first I'm hearing that some of the recruits are breathing easy that he's gone.

Lastly, if he goes to O$U I can guarantee one thing.... there won't be death threats from the UM fans to him and his family. Just saying. Keep it classy Ohio.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: This year's Kyle Kalis?   This year's Kyle Kalis? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Can't really say, WYD. I don't follow recruiting to nearly the extent many on this board do, so am less knowledgeable about a prospect (as opposed to current player). But I'll add my two cents.

Based on what I've read, he's an enormous talent (literally and figuratively). Will no doubt start for a major D-I program before too long.

However, there's the monkey-wrench Admin threw in. I don't know who, or how reputable, his source(s) is/are, but given there's any truth to the "head case" matter (particularly if to such an extent as to make some of our other recruits glad he's going elsewhere), OSU ought to avoid him, too.
One thing no program needs is a prima donna. Let your coach's former program take in that sort of cancer (if the grapevine's got anything to it, that is.)

Yes, I'm merely repeating what everyone else has already stated, to a large extent, but hell...it's lunch hour
(or 20 minutes in my case).
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: This year's Kyle Kalis?   This year's Kyle Kalis? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Speaking of....any word on what kind of year Kalis is having? He hasn't played as far as I recall. How does he look in practice? Anybody?....
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: This year's Kyle Kalis?   This year's Kyle Kalis? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:23 pm

I heard that he was "Ok, but needed to learn a lot." Take it for what it's worth.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This year's Kyle Kalis?   This year's Kyle Kalis? Empty

Back to top Go down

This year's Kyle Kalis?
Page 1 of 1