Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kyle Kalis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kyle Kalis Empty
PostSubject: Kyle Kalis   Kyle Kalis EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:02 pm

So, yahoo has now picked up on the story about his remarks the other day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/osu-fans-threaten-michigan-recruit-calls-blood-field-130318050.html

Thoughts?

Are you upset he said this? Are you glad he said this? Indifferent?

I guess I go both ways. Not a huge fan of giving the Bucks bulletin board material (not to mention The Game is their bowl game next year). At the same time, I love the competitive nature of this kid. We need bullies on the OL.

Let's hear it....
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Kyle Kalis Empty
PostSubject: My thought    Kyle Kalis EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:08 pm

is that it doesn't bother me too much. I'm conservative by nature and would like to ALWAYS have total class out of anyone representing the university but I also have one foot in reality and realize that will never be true 100% of the time. It could have been worse (see Yuri Wright).

It's no secret that sometimes high school kids say things without thinking it through first. I would feel the same if it were an OSU recruit. My only hope is that one day he backs it up and when that day comes I hope he acts with integrity like a Michigan Man should.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kyle Kalis Empty
PostSubject: Great post Sandy...   Kyle Kalis EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:10 pm

have to agree across the board.

I think once he steps on campus it will be all business with this kid. And if not, Hoke will put him in his place quick.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Kyle Kalis Empty
PostSubject: I'm sure it was   Kyle Kalis EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Mostly frustration for how he has been treated for choosing a school. The OSU fans act like he owed them something.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Kyle Kalis Empty
PostSubject: In all fairness to the OSU fans   Kyle Kalis EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 pm

I admit that when Pryor chose OSU I hated him. For some reason I really thought that when RR came to UM and TP re-opened his recruitment I thought UM had a great shot at him. I remember liking him one day and hating him the next.

In hindsight I see how UM dodged a bullet. I'm glad it worked out the way it did. I wouldn't trade 3 wins over OSU for the integrity and reputation of the school.

I think some people (myself at times included) just get so overly excited that they temporarily put the blinders on and let their actions get the better of them. Now clearly I've never made a death threat or any threat actually toward a kid. I've never even went as far as to try to contact a recruit whether it was social media or in person. But I have to admit, I've cussed them under my breath and I can remember feeling that I couldn't wait to see them get lit up on the field by UM.

Still, the remarks towards Kalis over the line. I'd like to think that it's not the UM fans and that it's all the OSU fans but I'd be lying to myself if I told myself otherwise. As long as I don't get caught up in it then I can't complain too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kyle Kalis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Kalis   Kyle Kalis Empty

Back to top Go down

Kyle Kalis
Page 1 of 1