Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It was a fun game to watch.

Go down 
+3
joe
Admin
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

It was a fun game to watch. Empty
PostSubject: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 am

I was on the edge of my seat for the entire game both offensively and defensively. About half way through the 3rd quarter I thought first team to 13 wins.

Defensive battles like that rarely happen these days. Intense, gut wrenching and a beautiful ending.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 am

First time I've ever closed my eyes for a play...on that game-winning FG.

Stretched my stocking cap over my face and waited to let the crowd tell me whether or not it went in.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 am

Not me.

My wife and I were standing up in front of the TV. My son came downstairs and my wife grabbed him and said "stand here and hold my hand". He was like okay uhh why?

Then he grabbed my hand and we all cheered in unison. It was great.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 am

That's awesome.

Yeah, after the game I couldn't believe I did that. I use to sit in the stands, see other people do that, and think "well, aren't you about stupid. You realize you paid all that money for those tickets to specifically WATCH this play/kick/etc.."

Then I turn out to be 'that guy'. lol

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:21 am

Funny. I can't not look. Like when you pass a car accident.

I loved Gibbons response when asked about the MSU timeout to ice him. "It was poitless". Kid is beaming with confidence right now, and probably getting a lot of young coeds keep the confidence up. LOL.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 am

Been a lot of Highlights in Michigan/MSU games that I've been proud and lucky enough to witness.

last second FGs, OTs, 3OTs, 49-3, Charles Woodson's INT, Chris Perry's 51/203, come from behind wins..........

IT's been a lot of fun watching it.

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:25 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I loved Gibbons response when asked about the MSU timeout to ice him. "It was pointless".

I've thought, for what's gotta be decades now, about that tactic. It so rarely has any impact at all on
the resulting kick, I wonder why coaches still bother to do it?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:31 am

michmike wrote:
I've thought, for what's gotta be decades now, about that tactic. It so rarely has any impact at all on

Because it is in the Head Coaching Handbook.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:43 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I was on the edge of my seat for the entire game...

Yep, paid for the whole seat and only used the edge (if at all)

outcome was nice though.

P.S. I have no finger nails left.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:49 pm

I watched but I was frozen. I don't think I moved for what seemed like several minutes afterwards either. I hated to settle for a feild goal. I just kept thinking of all the things that could go wrong block, miss, botched snap. Then after I was looking for flags. I do not know what it was but I was paranoid. Looked like MSU got a ton of pressure on that. kick too. I still need to watch the game at home but from where we were sitting it looked like there MSU guys flying all around.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 pm

michmike wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
I loved Gibbons response when asked about the MSU timeout to ice him. "It was pointless".

It does occassionally, albeit rarely. That's why...

Besides, what else are they gonna do? A timeout keeps them in the game 30 seconds longer...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was a fun game to watch.   It was a fun game to watch. Empty

Back to top Go down

It was a fun game to watch.
Page 1 of 1