Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... Empty
PostSubject: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:09 am

http://www.stubhub.com/minnesota-golden-gophers-football-tickets/minnesota-vs-michigan-11-3-2012-4008191/

Tickets as low as $38/each on Stubhub already.

It'd be close to a 7 hour drive for us from Chicago. Don't think I really want to do that. If I was going to make a drive like that, I'd do it this weekend to go to Lincoln.

Anyone in here going to be at the Minny game? Wasn't sure if we have any folks from that area.

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:18 am

This will be Michigan's first game in Minnesota's new stadium.

I know everyone hated the Metrodome but that building was very kind to us, having never lost a game there with a perfect 11-0 record including that epic comeback in 2003. I hope the new stadium will produce the same amount of success for us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:34 am

Good point, WH.

I thought it was huge that Minny finally built their own stadium.

Haven't seen the dividends from it yet, but it certainly didn't/won't hurt their recruiting. What hurts their recruiting is the fact that it's MINNESOTA. ha

Anyway, I'd like to get up there at some point to catch a UofM game.

I've made it my goal to watch the Maize and Blue play in every B1G stadium.

Left on the list:

* Nebraska (obviously)
* Minny (obviously)
* Ohio State (the one place I pretty much refuse to go to, but will someday)
* Iowa
* Wisconsin (been here for a game, but not a Meeeechigan game)

I've seen 'em at PSU, UofI, Northwestern, IU, MSU and Purdue at this point.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Admin wrote:
...I've made it my goal to watch the Maize and Blue play in every B1G stadium...

that will be my next list but a long time ago (2002) I made it my goal to see a game in each B1G stadium even if it were to go see to teams I could care less about play. I only have Northwestern left. I will probably make that happen next year.

Best Stadium
Big House - Probably biased but there is something to be said about watching a game in the largest College Football venue. With the upgrades the place really is nice. Wish the fans would get louder/rowdier at time but oh well.

Loudest Stadium
Tie: Penn St. & Nebraska. I was surprised at Nebraska. It was only 80,000 people compared to Penn State's 106,000 but the husker fans got the place rocking. Another thing was that the Nebraska fans really were genuinely nice.

Best Tailgate
Indiana hands down. Nobody goes to the game. They just sit outside and drink. There is all this land outside the stadium and it's packed. I was VERY surprised.

Worst Overall
Illinois - Tailgate was terrible. Fans were quiet. Atmosphere was dead. The entire time I was there all I hear from the fans was "we're a basketball school" LAME!

Best Traditions
Wisconsin 3rd quarter Jump Around. It was AWESOME!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Great breakdown. Have to agree with pretty much all of it.

I definitely have PSU at #1 in regards to loudness. Once I get out to Nebraska at some point, I'll be able to compare.

IU tailgates = ridiculous. Last all day long.

Wisconsin Jump Around = fun

Worst Overall: Think I'll have to have a tie between Purdue and Illinois. Tailgate spread all over the friggin' place, lame stadium/crowd, etc. for both.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Admin wrote:
Worst Overall: Think I'll have to have a tie between Purdue and Illinois. Tailgate spread all over the friggin' place, lame stadium/crowd, etc. for both.

One thing I thought was kind of neat about Purdue, although it had nothing to do with the football game itself was that the students have this thing called the breakfast club. Basically all the students were at the bar on game day by 6 and they were all dressed in costumes. it was like Halloween every weekend. I found that interesting and kind of fun. That is the only reason I gave the edge to Illinois in Worst Overall.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:21 pm

I have been told by a couple of my IU students that work for me that they shut down the lots at kick off and you are not allowed to tailgate while the game is going on. If this is the case IU is the worst place to tailgate. Sorry but sometimes for various reasons be can't or don't want to go to the game.

I would estimate there are 10-20,000 fans in AA that remain in lots while the game goes on. I have no real numbers to base this on other then my own observation when at AA. We had 4-5 tailgates approach us last Saturday wanting to know if we were going to stay on the GC for the game. They were hoping they could watch the game on our tv. Next time you are at a game and walking to the stadium keep an eye out for all the tailgates that are not being broken down. I think you will see what I am talking about.

If my info is wrong about IU's policies then I stand corrected but as I said I have been told this by more than one person.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:38 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Admin wrote:
...I've made it my goal to watch the Maize and Blue play in every B1G stadium...

Worst Overall
Illinois - Tailgate was terrible. Fans were quiet. Atmosphere was dead. The entire time I was there all I hear from the fans was "we're a basketball school" LAME!

That kind of surprises me, actually. Illinois fans have been known to be quite rowdy (and bunch of jackasses) when Michigan is in town. A friend of mine went to Champaign several years back and he told me the people were so awful, he felt like he was in Columbus.

But I have been to Indiana's Memorial Stadium, although the opponent wasn't Michigan. I watched them play Western in Antwaan Randle El's first game as a starter. Obviously they're not a football school but I was very impressed with how nice the fans were.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:01 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
I have been told by a couple of my IU students that work for me that they shut down the lots at kick off and you are not allowed to tailgate while the game is going on. If this is the case IU is the worst place to tailgate. Sorry but sometimes for various reasons be can't or don't want to go to the game.

Well I'm not the authority on this and I wouldn't want to argue against a person that went to IU but from what I saw they tailgated ALL DAY, especially during the game. And maybe we're comparing apples to oranges. Your IU students said they shut down the lots but I'm not talking about the lots, I'm talking about the open fields/grass areas (at least 20 acres worth) that are adjacent to the stadium where everyone seemed to be anyway. So we may just be talking about two different areas.

That's all I can think of since them shutting down the tailgates was clearly not the case when I was there.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:11 pm

WillieMfan wrote:

I would estimate there are 10-20,000 fans in AA that remain in lots while the game goes on. I have no real numbers to base this on other then my own observation when at AA. We had 4-5 tailgates approach us last Saturday wanting to know if we were going to stay on the GC for the game. They were hoping they could watch the game on our tv. Next time you are at a game and walking to the stadium keep an eye out for all the tailgates that are not being broken down. I think you will see what I am talking about.

If my info is wrong about IU's policies then I stand corrected but as I said I have been told this by more than one person.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

Well I'm not the authority on this and I wouldn't want to argue against a person that went to IU but from what I saw they tailgated ALL DAY, especially during the game. And maybe we're comparing apples to oranges. Your IU students said they shut down the lots but I'm not talking about the lots, I'm talking about the open fields/grass areas (at least 20 acres worth) that are adjacent to the stadium where everyone seemed to be anyway. So we may just be talking about two different areas.

That's all I can think of since them shutting down the tailgates was clearly not the case when I was there.

To an extent, this is true, Willie. They did it my senior year....

There's a portion of the lots that 'eggo is referring to, the grass lots across 17th Street, that is roped off for the 'Greek Tailgate' area, for lack of a better term (but that's what it is. All the fraternities park in the same area and party. Sorority girls flock to it.) They began shutting that down at kickoff to try and force students into the games.

It didn't work.

We simply started shutting down the tailgate at kickoff and migrating to bars or house parties that were taking place nearby.

I'm not sure if they are still enforcing this rule, though. I'll have to check with my brother, who is a sophomore there now.

Even if it is in effect, it only pertains to that one section of the tailgate...it's not across the board.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 pm

So if I understand you it sounds like it is just lots that are designated for students. If that's the case i suppose it's not too bad.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:43 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Best Tailgate
Indiana hands down. Nobody goes to the game. They just sit outside and drink. There is all this land outside the stadium and it's packed. I was VERY surprised.

Brown-noser... pig

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:21 am

WillieMfan wrote:
So if I understand you it sounds like it is just lots that are designated for students. If that's the case i suppose it's not too bad.

Yeah, the way I phrased it wasn't too spectacular.

It is just the students, particularly the Greek tailgate area.

Students at other tailgates that aren't in the roped-off Greek area aren't bothered, I don't think.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....   Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Tickets are CHEAP for the Minny game....
Page 1 of 1