Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We need a change at Center

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mgoblue93

We need a change at Center Empty
PostSubject: We need a change at Center   We need a change at Center EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:20 am

I noticed that not only was the interior line lost, but at times, Lewan didn't know who to block for at least two plays. (he should have picked up a blitzing LB on a sack, and a DL on another rfl.) I have never seen Lewan look lost until last night, and to my limited knowledge on x's and o's, does it not point to the Center who is control of the blocking schemes?

Can Schoefield play center? If so why not a 5th yr SR like that?? Miller and/or the coaching has been very disappointing.

We have the horses so there is no way UConn and Akron's DL should be having their way with us. Embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: We need a change at Center   We need a change at Center EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:30 am

I definitely saw Taylor get beat and miss a few blocks last night. I'm not an X's and O's guy though so I'm not sure how that points to the center so if you can expand on it a bit more and educate me I would appreciate it.

PostSubject: Re: We need a change at Center   We need a change at Center EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:35 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I definitely saw Taylor get beat and miss a few blocks last night. I'm not an X's and O's guy though so I'm not sure how that points to the center so if you can expand on it a bit more and educate me I would appreciate it.
im looking for enlightenment myself hence my "limited knowledge" comment. ill try to expand anyway: the center typically calls all the blocking assignments at the LOS before the snap (someone correct me if im wrong.) I have read that this has been a coaching concern before the season even kicked off, so I can only assume that is why Lewan wiffed on two assignments. He certainly didn't get beat physically, he hesitated and didn't know who to block.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: We need a change at Center   We need a change at Center EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 am

mgoblue93 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
im looking for enlightenment myself hence my "limited knowledge" comment.  ill try to expand anyway:  the center typically calls all the blocking assignments at the LOS before the snap (someone correct me if im wrong.)  I have read that this has been a coaching concern before the season even kicked off, so I can only assume that is why Lewan wiffed on two assignments.  He certainly didn't get beat physically, he hesitated and didn't know who to block.  
The center is the most important player on the line, as far as calling blocking schemes.  Miller isn't recognizing defenses.  I notice Lewan a lot more active in talking to the other linemen in huddles last night.  Miller also seems to lack strength as the brought linebackers right over him last night and he was pushed right out of the way.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: We need a change at Center   We need a change at Center EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:37 pm

The problem is center but what is the solution? Last year it was going to be Barnum in the spring and late summer then a week before the first game it's Mealer. Maybe the center exchange has been a problem for the alternatives, I don't know.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: We need a change at Center   We need a change at Center EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:59 pm

I think we are going to see Glasgow at center and probably Magnuson or Bryant at LG.

PostSubject: Re: We need a change at Center   We need a change at Center Empty

Back to top Go down

We need a change at Center
Page 1 of 1