Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Derrick Green, Leon McQauy and Laqoun Treadwell news

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Some Derrick Green, Leon McQauy and Laqoun Treadwell news Empty
PostSubject: Some Derrick Green, Leon McQauy and Laqoun Treadwell news   Some Derrick Green, Leon McQauy and Laqoun Treadwell news EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Just read an article on ESPN that gave some updates on recruiting battles. Nothing special but I thought I'd pass it on.

Green....

"Green hasn't tipped his hand. Michigan just keeps hanging around as two of his other favorites, Tennessee and Auburn, have struggled mightily this season. Both have losing records. He recently postponed a trip to Oregon. " .... "Auburn and Tennessee. Green has said he won't be too bothered by coaching changes. Still, many new relationships will have to be built." .... "Michigan just makes too much sense. However, Miami's sudden jump into Green's list of finalists is intriguing. Perhaps he has opened up the race a bit because he's not 100 percent satisfied with his options. Postponing the Oregon trip is curious, although Green has said he will reschedule."

Should be noted that Oregon doesn't have another home game this year so he won't be on campus to witness a game, which IMO, is really in favor of the other teams recruiting him. IMO Oregon was the only school I thought was going to give UM a run for his commitment.

McQuay...

"McQuay's Michigan visit on Nov. 9 went extremely well, according to his father, Leon McQuay Jr., and put the Wolverines back in play. But the general word from the camp is that USC and Vanderbilt remain the two teams to beat. McQuay appears to feel the most comfortable at Vanderbilt, where his former teammate and best friend, Josh Grady, is playing. McQuay's interest in music is also a major plus for Vanderbilt (and USC, for that matter). A visit to Florida State is up next on Nov. 23 and it doesn't appear like McQuay will make any eliminations in his top five before his Jan. 4 announcement. "

Treadwell....

"His high school team is 12-0 and right now, his only focus is making Crete-Monee 14-0 and ending his career with a state championship. Once all that is over, he has decided he'll take unofficials to Michigan and Notre Dame as well as unofficials to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Ole Miss. He could add another two official visits to that group, probably to schools pursuing him that are outside of the Midwest, but that remains to be seen. He had thought he would make a decision at the Under Armour All-America game, but that has been derailed as he wants to make sure his family is around for the moment. So time, date, place and school have yet to be decided. And it'll probably stay that way for a while. "

I can't wait to see this play out. I'm hoping for two of the three. I just hope the recruiting season doesn't end with a dud like last year.

Some Derrick Green, Leon McQauy and Laqoun Treadwell news
Page 1 of 1