Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maybe that's the offense that should

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Maybe that's the offense that should Empty
PostSubject: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Have been in place all year. Denard lining up in a lot of different spots really kept the D guessing. Devin is gonna be a good one.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Oh, yeah. Seems like the optimal utilization of both. And as for Devin (next year), I now feel confident, and relieved, he's our 2013 quarterback, and will work at that position full-time.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:31 pm

He's starting to look like the 5 star that was recruited.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:30 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. In terms of everything from arm strength, accuracy, judgment, mobility (and
escape-ability when running in traffic), and mature team leadership.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:22 am

michmike wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. In terms of everything from arm strength, accuracy, judgment, mobility (and
escape-ability when running in traffic), and mature team leadership.

most important his decision making.

PostSubject: Re: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:27 am

Thought I'd covered two words with one ("judgment"), Sandy, but good point.

I'm really feeling a lot better about 2013 than I was three weeks ago.
Of course, Roundtree's gone, but with Gallon and Funchess back and a
year older, and (hopefully) a fully-recovered Fitz and more-seasoned
Rawls, plus the up-comers, our offense looks really potent.

Of course, there's the "small matter" of the guys up front. And we certainly lose Mealer(C) and Omemah(G), and almost as certainly, our top man in Lewan(T). (With all the first-round pumping up he's getting, who could blame him, given the signing $$ difference a first-rounder usually commands?)
That leaves only Schofield(T) and Barnum(G) back as starters.
Much-hyped Kyle Kalis will be a sophomore and probably start-worthy by next year, but who takes over at center will be an issue. At least Devin will have all spring and summer to get into kahoots with him (snap cadence, blocking skills, etc.). True, we have a lot of four-star (plus) talent on redshirt at OL positions,
but who well they play is yet TBD...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:14 am

Gardner's patience in the pocket continues to amaze me. Even my mother, who I took up to the game yesterday, raved about it all day inside the Big House and then all the way home.

Hindsight is 20-20, so it's easy to say that this should've been employed fr the beginning. I don't know what to think, personally.

Either way, I agree, we're in great shape with DG as our starter next season (and perhaps 2014 if he gets his medical).

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:28 am

Barnum is a RS SR. Schofield is the only returner if Taylor goes.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 am

Admin wrote:
Gardner's patience in the pocket continues to amaze me. Even my mother, who I took up to the game yesterday, raved about it all day inside the Big House and then all the way home.

Has anyone else noticed that our QB is actually calling audibles at the line the last 3 weeks?

PostSubject: Re: Maybe that's the offense that should   Maybe that's the offense that should Empty

Back to top Go down

Maybe that's the offense that should
Page 1 of 1