Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

just curious.....

Go down 
+3
Admin
fishgoblue22
bluebult56
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bluebult56

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:14 am

i remember back when we were searching for a new coach after lloyd left, and one of the names that seemed vilified was brian kelly. everyone hated the guy, said he was a sleezeball and no way he should even be hinted at being the head coach at u of m. having lived just down the street from gvsu, i never really understood this. there wasn't any proof of wrong-doing. maybe he rubbed people the wrong way with kind of a smug attitude, but that's it. he went on to win at cmu, then cincinnatti and now that other school and has them #1. he's a proven winner and i was hoping he would have gotten the chance at michigan. i know, i know. no michigan connections. just wondering what would have happened had he been given the opportunity at michigan. you have to admit, it couldn't have been any uglier than how it was....
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:33 am

He inherited a lot of talent at ND, especially on D. He is also in year 3. They will be playing an ACC heavy schedule soon, so they will probably continue to have a good record.
Back to top Go down
bluebult56

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 am

so fish, wiess had the talent there? also, next year will be hoke's third year too. do you see us being 11-0 and number 1? don't misunderstand. i like where we are heading as a program and hope hoke is the guy to bring us all the way back, i just wonder, given the chance, what kelly could have done too.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:31 am

Weis left a lot of talent, he recruited really well. I'm not taking anything away from Kelly, he is a great coach.

My brother was a student working for the GVSU SID when Kelly was a grad assistant at GVSU. He says that Kelly is a great guy. Spent a lot of time together doing some dirty work.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:48 am

Kelly probably could have done great things in AA. But I'm also not so quick to hail this guy as all-world. One good season thus far, and it isn't over. They could collapse over their final two games (I don't expect them to lose next week, but they're going to get steamrolled in Miami).

More importantly, I just don't like his sideline antics. Too much negative press, press I wouldn't want associated with our Maize and Blue.

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:13 am

At that time, there was a racial flap from some ill-advised comments Kelly made while at CMU. Michigan wouldn't (still won't) go anywhere near a racial flap.

dwoody

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:31 am

Next year, will M have the cupcake schedule ND had this year?
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Dwoody, ND had a pretty tough schedule this year...two rivals in Michigan and MSU, Oklahoma, Stanford, USC...take away Bama' and what good teams did we play this year?
Back to top Go down
bluebult56

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:37 pm

admin,
i agree with some of kelly's antics on the sideline. on the other hand, sometimes i wish hoke would show a little more emotion. different styles, different philosophies i guess....
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 pm

I guess being a GVSU grad and huge fan of their football team, I am forced to "approve" of Kelly's coaching career so far
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:51 pm

SMH I love how quickly people dismiss that this guys poor judgement got someone killed. KILLED. Winning really does cure all.

Then there was this little problem:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-11-21/news/ct-met-notre-dame-story-20101121_1_sexual-attack-campus-police-sexual-assault

Yep would love to have him in AA. Just win baby!! WTF people?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

just curious..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just curious.....   just curious..... Empty

Back to top Go down

just curious.....
Page 1 of 1