Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

report bieleima leaving Wisconsin

Go down 
+6
michmike
EJinGA
sandyeggo_blue
ThatGuy
WillieMfan
the artist formally known
10 posters
AuthorMessage

report bieleima leaving Wisconsin Empty
PostSubject: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Why would you leave Wisconsin for Arkansas, the SEC is completley different system than the BIG is he running , or try to expand his skills, ???

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:17 pm

There goes Wisconsin, He was the way Wisconsin was built a desiple of Alverez, Maybe he say how goos O$U is and PSU in the same division and seen this is his last chance to Win the BIG and didn't want to be 2nd fiddle . or the money was just to good to pass up. I for one think he going to get his head handed to him. Evil or Very Mad. I wonder if Wisconsin goes after Fickell or MSU defense cord, Damn his name is on the tip of my tongue.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:42 pm

MSU d-coord is a good call. I would think they may reach out to Cryst if that ship hasn't already sailed.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Will Beiliema coach the Rose Bowl? I doubt it but good thing I didn't take Wisconsin with 6.5. When they get 10.5 I'd do it though....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:27 pm

couple of things...

1. First off I think Beilema is pulling an Urban Meyer. He sees what’s coming in the next few years meaning…. With an eligible and loaded O$U back in the picture it’s going to be a long time before Wisconsin gets back to the B1G Ten championship game. I understand Urban’s case was a bit different, he just up and left Florida altogether and blamed it on health (yeah right you lying sack of sh!t) when he knew his talent levels were depleting fast and he didn't have Timmy Tebow to save him. Beliema leaving is similar but he's using the Arkansas job as his exuse.

2. Beilema might be a hypocrite (always said he hates the SEC) but he’s not dumb. Without a winning team his stock will go down. He’s striking while the iron is hot. Can’t blame the guy for that. That’s not saying that he won’t continue to win games but he won’t continue to keep going to back-to-back rose bowls which is the real factor here.

3. I don’t think there is job in the world that I would stay at if I was offered a job with a 220% pay increase. Can you?

4. This year especially and to a certain degree last year… Wisconsin backed into the rose bowl. The bottom line is that they got there and you can’t take that away from them. They deserve to be called B1G ten champs. They’ve earned it, but by that logic Barry Bonds deserves to be called the all time homerun king. I’m not saying that you should put an asterisk next to Wisconsin’s season but when 1/3 of your division isn’t eligible to play in the post season (and oh by the way, they both beat you head to head) then there is certainly room for discussion. Wisconsin fans can play the “not our fault they cheated” card all they want but the bottom line is circumstances allowed them to back their way in. PERIOD

5. I’m not sure how much 5.5million leaves for Beilema to hire quality coordinators but I know that Loeffler has left Auburn so he’s got one hell of an QB coach/OC right there that he can hire. Beleima knows how to play and coach up defenses so he won’t pull a rich rod and forget about that piece of the puzzle. We’ll have to see how that plays out but it leads me into my next point….

6. I’m not sure about the players that Arkansas has now or has coming in but I know that currently at Wisconsin Beliema has set himself up with a decent 13’ recruiting class and he also has a pretty nice QB coming in 14’. He’s going to be playing second fiddle to Alabama and LSU as long as saban and miles are there so while recruiting the players he needs to fit his system and that he can coach up may work in the B1G ten, it won’t work against rosters full or 4 and 5 stars like LSU and Alabama have. On a side note Beliema has said for a long time that 13' is going to be his best team ever. They will be loaded with talent and seniors but they still won't win at O$U next year and they won't be in the Rose Bowl.

7. I don’t know Beliema, never met him, never talked to him, I only know what I’ve read about him. He seems pretty stand-up. Like a guy you’d like to call your friend. It seems to me that things like morals, integrity, personal convictions don’t exist in the SEC. he doesn’t seem cut-throat enough to hang in the SEC. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:20 am

I remember a list done by a ESPN sports writer some time ago that ranked the B10 coaches and Bielema was 7th or 8th.

Good luck in SEC land. Be better recruit a hell of a lot better then he did at Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:35 am

WillieMfan wrote:
I would think they may reach out to Cryst

Didn't know the UW football program was so religiously oriented.

(Or is my knowledge of spelling simply bad?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:43 am

If part of Bielema's reason for leaving Wisconsin was because he couldn't see himself recruiting against Meyer, wait until he has to recruit against Saban & Miles!! Ha, good luck there!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:45 am

What's funny is all the talking heads opining on why he's leaving.

No one has asked him. They're all just throwing shit out there and seeing what sticks. (Az does this on the MLiveforum.)

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:46 am

BillMFan wrote:
If part of Bielema's reason for leaving Wisconsin was because he couldn't see himself recruiting against Meyer, wait until he has to recruit against Saban & Miles!! Ha, good luck there!

But in the SEC he is on equal footing, able to cheat in recruiting like all that you mentioned. In the B1G, OSU cheat's while others play by the rules.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 am

michmike wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

Actually both of our spelling is off. It's Chryst.

As for recruiting I do not know if we know what kind of recruiter Bret can be yet. He was recruiting to get kids to come to Madison, which might as well be the North Pole to kids in the south. I think Arkansas may be an easier sell. We do know that he can be successful without having top recruiting classes. I think it will be interesting to see how he does. The SEC won't be easy though.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:30 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
michmike wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

Actually both of our spelling is off. It's Chryst.

As for recruiting I do not know if we know what kind of recruiter Bret can be yet. He was recruiting to get kids to come to Madison, which might as well be the North Pole to kids in the south. I think Arkansas may be an easier sell. We do know that he can be successful without having top recruiting classes. I think it will be interesting to see how he does. The SEC won't be easy though.

not sure if anyone remembers this but as soon as Urban got to O$U he started recruiting and actually pulled a really nice prospect from Wisconsin (cant remember who though) and Bielema got all up in arms and told Urban that coaches in the big ten have a "gentlemens agreement" to not recruit committed kids of other schools in the conference. That is obviously not the case in the SEC.

Bielema isn't cut-throat enough on the recruiting trail and that's one of the many reasons I think he won't last long in the SEC.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 pm

talking to my Wisconsin buddies and reading a few of the Wisconsin boards here are the points to take from their coaching search...

1. Barry Alvarez's ego will lead to either an assistant coach being hired so he can tell him what to do. Apparently Barry is the BMOC and that is all there is to it. Most Wisconsin fans think their OC Matt Canada will be hired.

2. Most fans are all in agreement that Chryst is the obvious chose but a few things may stand in the way. A) UW is probably only willing to pay in the 2Mil range. Chryst makes 1.75 at Pitt now but he has a "hefty" buyout. I'm not sure what exact the number is but Chryst volunteered for a big buyout in his contract at Pitt to show that he was in it for the long haul. B) Wisconsin may not have the money or may just not want to pay that buyout.

3. From the message boards I've read two candidates keep coming up. Patterson from TCU and Peterson from Boise. Either one of those guys could make Wisconsin into a perennial Big Ten contender. I'm not sure I'd want to face a Patterson defense or a Peterson offense in the Big Ten championship game.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:02 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
talking to my Wisconsin buddies and reading a few of the Wisconsin boards here are the points to take from their coaching search...

1. Barry Alvarez's ego will lead to either an assistant coach being hired so he can tell him what to do. Apparently Barry is the BMOC and that is all there is to it. Most Wisconsin fans think their OC Matt Canada will be hired.

2. Most fans are all in agreement that Chryst is the obvious chose but a few things may stand in the way. A) UW is probably only willing to pay in the 2Mil range. Chryst makes 1.75 at Pitt now but he has a "hefty" buyout. I'm not sure what exact the number is but Chryst volunteered for a big buyout in his contract at Pitt to show that he was in it for the long haul. B) Wisconsin may not have the money or may just not want to pay that buyout.

3. From the message boards I've read two candidates keep coming up. Patterson from TCU and Peterson from Boise. Either one of those guys could make Wisconsin into a perennial Big Ten contender. I'm not sure I'd want to face a Patterson defense or a Peterson offense in the Big Ten championship game.

1. Alvarez is Wisconsin's Bo. As long as he still holds the title of AD, he will cast a huge shadow. 2. Chryst isn't leaving Pitt IMHO. For the reasons you stated. 3. Those two names come up in every search every year. I think Peterson is staying put. Look at the last three Boise State coaches and how the fared after they left: Houston Nutt; Decent record at Arkansas, fizzled out after some allegations, then finished off his Ole Miss career with 12 straight losses. Dirk Koetter; won two straight bowls at BSU, then left for Az St. Mediocre at best, but hasn't had a HC job since 2006. Dan Hawkins; He was Peterson before Peterson was Peterson. He parlayed his success at BSU to the HC job at Colorado. All I can say about that is "Play intramurals brother, play intramurals".

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm

The Dan Hawkins rant is a classic, IMO right there with the "I'm a man, I'm 40" from the OkieSU coach.

'shoes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:45 pm

2 things 1st I wonder if Bielima leaves if he in the legends division, and 2nd he hasn't had a QB that he recruited in 3 yrs, Ark having no other football program he will be a GOD there if he wins, he can write his own ticket, warm weather, better confrence some say, might be a whole lot easier to recruit, also less student ristrictions.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Loved it, you are right, two of the best from the college football realm.

When your talking NFL, you have to go with these three: "You play to win the games"; "They are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook"; and last but not least "PLAYOFFS".
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm

You got all the best ones fish.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 pm

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Nothing beats Bobby Hoying from ohio, after winning a Big Ten title...

"I'm really happy for Coach Cooper and the guys who've been around here for six or seven years, especially our seniors."

And the fourth grade was the best three years of his life!

I did a google search and found this page, check it out:

http://football.about.com/od/footballhistory/tp/funnyquotes.htm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: report bieleima leaving Wisconsin   report bieleima leaving Wisconsin Empty

Back to top Go down

report bieleima leaving Wisconsin
Page 1 of 1