Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.

Go down 
+5
wshoes
DerekVineyardsCurbStomp
michmike
joe
fishgoblue22
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 7:19 am

I think the percentages of him coming back are getting smaller and smaller.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/12/michigans_taylor_lewan_named_w.html
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:53 am

I'm still holding out hope.

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:09 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I'm still holding out hope.

Me, too, though it was I who initially put his odds of returning around 15-85.

Frankly, I think a sizeable part of his decision (which is course will be based on
scouts' prognostications for him on Draft Day) will be how well our offense, in
particular the running game (to his side) does in the bowl game. And equally,
how well he does against SC's stud defensive end.

Still, I'm not too hopeful he'll be donning Maize and Blue nine months hence...
Back to top Go down
DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:20 am

In this day and age, a lot depends on which round. If he has a great bowl game, his worth goes way up. They always are given a good idea where they might go, NFL needs, etc. All the money's in the 1st round and a big drop even in the 2nd. If he's projected as a 1st rounder, he'll probably go. Not worth the risk of a knee injury in the Sr. year.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:26 am

I saw a mock draft yesterday that had him going at #6 to the Arizona Cardinals. If he finds out that he is projected as a top 15 pick, he has to go. He is graduating in May, really no reason to stay. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:29 am

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp wrote:
In this day and age, a lot depends on which round. If he has a great bowl game, his worth goes way up. They always are given a good idea where they might go, NFL needs, etc. All the money's in the 1st round and a big drop even in the 2nd. If he's projected as a 1st rounder, he'll probably go. Not worth the risk of a knee injury in the Sr. year.

Agree with your football acumen, Derek, but please do something about that avatar. Even for one cursed
to live where you do, it honestly doesn't become you or this forum at all.
Back to top Go down
DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:49 am

michmike wrote:

Agree with your football acumen, Derek, but please do something about that avatar. Even for one cursed
to live where you do, it honestly doesn't become you or this forum at all.

I figured If a few had issues with it, I'd change it.

Cursed? CBUS is a great city. But, I guess Detroit would be better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:05 am

I had placed it at 90-10 he's gone. I hate to even mention this but now I think only a serious injury in the Outback Bowl would change it. This is not Jake Long who with his buddies Chad Henne and Mike Hart, decided to all come back for what was thought to be a realistic shot at a NC in 2007.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:10 am

I'm with you shoes. I just hope he hasn't already left mentally before the bowl game.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:15 am

Amen- we need a big game out of him to have a good chance to win.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Clowney has the ability to make Left Tackles look like clowns.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Wasn't Clowney the #1 guy coming out of HS at ANY position?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 pm

I believe so shoes.

In fact it was odd at the time that he choose USC.

There were thoughts that there may have been improprieties art the time.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 pm

If I remember right, it came down to USC or Clemson. He wanted to stay close to home. I don't remember any improprieties.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:24 pm

This raises the question, would it be better for Michigan to lose the Outback bowl and Taylor to not exactly "shine" and thereby increasing the odds that he'll come back OR Michigan destroy SC and Taylor man-handle Clowney which makes Taylor go pro for sure? I always want Michigan to win but if losing th Outback Bowl means a better shot at The Rose Bowl next year I have to reconsider...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:01 pm

....If he has a great bowl game, his worth goes way up....

Exactly!!!!

See Jamarcus Russel and Brady Quinn in the 2007 Sugar Bowl.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:05 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
This raises the question, would it be better for Michigan to lose the Outback bowl and Taylor to not exactly "shine" and thereby increasing the odds that he'll come back OR Michigan destroy SC and Taylor man-handle Clowney which makes Taylor go pro for sure? I always want Michigan to win but if losing th Outback Bowl means a better shot at The Rose Bowl next year I have to reconsider...

interesting points Bo but we've got a pretty weak schedule next year and get Nebraska and O$U at home so I've already got us penciled in for the Rose Bowl so I say we might as well win the Outback Bowl while we're at it.

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:14 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

The best for the program would be for him to shine in the Outback Bowl, we win, he goes in the top-10 of the draft, then Kalis and Company look great next year, and we have a dominant O-line for years to come. I don't think I'm asking too much Smile .
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:04 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think the percentages of him coming back are getting smaller and smaller.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/12/michigans_taylor_lewan_named_w.html

Now an AP 1st teamer...getting even smaller!

Go Blue and see ya in Tampa!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Bump...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.   Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team. Empty

Back to top Go down

Taylor Lewan named Walter Camp All American 1st Team.
Page 1 of 1