Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... Empty
PostSubject: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm

...but I think that he comes back next year. Yes, he does have all of the physical attributes to be a pro-player but truth of the matter is he's not there yet. Will some team take a gamble on him and draft him? Of course, but no earlier than 2nd round IMHO. Taylor wants first round money, he loves Michigan too much, loves Coach Hoke too much, and he knows that he isn't ready yet. He's not going anywhere. That is just my opinion, I could be and have been wrong before. See my most recent Iowa pick for proof (but I would have won if I used the spread)...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm

The hope is that he's the rare guy (like Jake Long) that will be willing to postpone his pro career (and payday) for one last chance at some unfinished business at the the school he loves. I'd say it's possible, but not probable.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 pm

He esriously isn't ready yet. He won't get the money that he wants to leave school early. Jake Long was ready AND he still stayed, that was impressive. Taylor staying will make me happy (for lack of a more appropriate word) but it is expected.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:40 pm

This will certainly be an interesting story to follow over the next couple of weeks.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Mel Kiper rates him as a 1st rounder. He is usually not far off. Taylor is. 1st round talent. I wouldn't blame him if he leaves. He will be drafted in the first round.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 pm

I think he would be too.

In general, this is shaping up to be a pretty weak draft class, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm not really trying to argue and 'fish is correct about Kiper usually being pretty much on target, but I seriously do not think that Taylor is first round material after this season. I think that, if anything, he hurt his draft staus this year. Of course he had no real other choice but to come back this year but he does have that option for next year. I say he comes back because he wants to get better, and he knows that he can be. Plus, Michigan is special, he knows that and loves that. He's going no where.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:22 pm

He could have left after lady year, because he was three years out of high school. But, he was not as strong physically that he is now. I think he will be a mid 1st round pick, and that would be good for him because that would be a team that can groom him, with him still making 1st round money, without having to be a o-line savior.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Lewan named B1G linemen of the year.   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/11/all-b1g_teams_taylor_lewan_wil.html#incart_river

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Man Funchess is already getting noticed. Give him another year or two and he will be all-world.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 am

WillieMfan wrote:
Man Funchess is already getting noticed. Give him another year or two and he will be all-world.

Yeah, with some added bulk, he will be able to stay in and block, which will make him more of a receiving weapon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 am

WillieMfan wrote:

Not due to his fault, but boy did he go MIA over the last half of the season (in general).

Did we even target him in Columbus last week? (If not, cue my head blowing off my shoulders, flying to AA and landing on the hood of Borges' car.)

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:45 am

He is taking the first step toward leaving. Although we know this doesn't mean he leaves, but if the word that comes back is similar to what Kiper is saying, I can't see him staying.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/11/michigan_lt_taylor_lewan_to_fi.html#incart_river
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 pm

I'd certainly expect nothing less from a highly touted NFL prospect.

It will be interesting to see what the Advisory Board comes back with (round-wise, I mean). I'm guessing they tell him low 1st, high 2nd.

Just a pure guess.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:23 pm

I keep saying, he had the tools just not that head yet....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Bump...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...   Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)... Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't find the thread on Lewan (didn't really look THAT hard)...
Page 1 of 1