Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.

Go down 
+2
michmike
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies. Empty
PostSubject: Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.   Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies. EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:56 am

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121217/SPORTS0201/212170423/1131/Michigan-cornerback-J-T-Floyd-issues-apology-suspension

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121218/SPORTS0201/212180333/1131/Suspended-Michigan-punter-Will-Hagerup-apologizes-misstep
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.   Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies. EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 am

A bit late in the day for these, no? Both, particularly Floyd's, sound like canned speeches to me.
Every word of which could have been cut-n-pasted off some Googled site.

Like you have to celebrate earning an undergraduate degree by doing something in violation of team rules?

Knuckleheads all...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.   Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies. EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:25 am

At least this was a one time deal with Floyd. What the hell is the deal with Hagerup???? Kid needs to get his shit together. How bad can his life be?

Sorry but three strikes and your out. Hoke should toss him. This is the second bowl game he is missing. Unacceptable.

Last edited by WillieMfan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.   Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies. EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 am

WillieMfan wrote:
At least this was a one time deal with Floyd. What the hell is the deal with Hagerup???? Kid needs to get his shift together. How bad can his life be?

Sorry but three strikes and your out. Hoke should toss him. This is the second bowl game he is missing. Unacceptable.

Here is where the whole apology things goes south, IMO. Hagerup stated:

"I don't think I'm a (jerk). I think I have some old issues. I know I can figure out my life. I don't want to let people down in my life." Really?? You THINK you have some old issues??? You KNOW you can figure out your life??? Would that be the same "old issues" and the same "figure out my life" after each of the first two suspensions??? And, is he saying he has not let people down with his first two suspension?? To me...total BS!! The same as Willie....three strikes....

Go Blue and see ya in Tampa!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.   Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies. EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:25 pm

IF this is marijuana related this goes to show that yes it is addicting. Chemically not so much, but psychologically it is a major issue. Hagerup knows of all of the mistakes he has made in the past, he is aware that those mistakes have cost him dearly, and I'm pretty sure he knew that another miss-step would cost him more. He remembers the false feeling of invulnerability while "high" and wanted to feel it again. Since he remembered the feeling, and IMO college-athletes are experiencing their "Personal Fable" at this point in their life, he decided to smoke a few joints. If it is not due to marijuana I can't tell yoiu what the deeal is. A maturity issue maybe that impacts his deciusion making capabilities.

Both Floyd and Hawthorne not much is known about. Was this both their first offense, at least while at Michigan?

Remember, these are college kids. Not the uber-complete people we may want thm to be.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.   Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies. EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
...A maturity issue maybe that impacts his deciusion making capabilities...

DING DING DING!!!

I love the feeling of having a few adult beverages in me and I'd imagine, given the right circumstances I could become an addict. That said, I know when to say no. Why.... maturity

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.   Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies. EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:54 pm

'eggo, not sure if you are aware of the whole "Personal fable" theory (wow I've been harping on that a lot recently) but if not why don't you google it? As said previously, I'm not so sure if any athletes that come to Michigan (por any big time school for that matter) have resolved that conflict yet. Reason being that they have always excelled in everything they did. Now that they are on the Division 1 level, they have to come to terms with it. Thus their "Personal fable" is put to conflict. Maturity, yes they are all college "kids"...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.   Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies. Empty

Back to top Go down

Floyd and Hagerup issue apologies.
Page 1 of 1