Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Green prediction

Go down 
+9
MichiganFootball13
GOBLUEJOE66
BetterThansparty
Admin
hailtoyourvictor
sandyeggo_blue
joe
fishgoblue22
uofmchris
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
uofmchris

My Green prediction Empty
PostSubject: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Hate to say it, but I dont have a good feeling about Green on Saturday. I am going to say we will all be disappointed when he announces his decision. I had a GREAT feeling about Taylor staying, and even called it, but Green... not so much. Sad Sorry to be a negative Nancy. Please please please feel free to bump this if he chooses UofM.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm with you. I got a feeling Auburn steals him.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 pm

GREEN IS BLUE!

That'll be the headline.

It's too easy

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
GREEN IS BLUE!

That'll be the headline.

It's too easy

What JOE said

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 pm

I hope so, but I've been through this routine WAY too many times. LOL. Gotta set myself up for appointment. hahah. But in all seriousness, I really hope he is Blue. I just have a bad feeling about things.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:23 pm

One good thing is we won't have to bump this. Not enough posters to push it to page 2.

We should open recruitment for the board but pull scholarships for any posters not performing up to par. Smile

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm the final post on about 30 of the 40 basketball threads. Give me some people to talk to!

joe

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

hey now.......

What if I'm just havin a bad day? lol

joe

PostSubject: I just asked you   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I'm the final post on about 30 of the 40 basketball threads. Give me some people to talk to!

For a link that you were talking about.

The Rivals chat

joe

PostSubject: Won't 2nd answer you?   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:37 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 pm

I linked it in the other thread.

And I'm sure that he was one of those reviews / non-replies Laughing

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Oh it's not a Chat, by the way. But each game you can get a food 30-40+ post thread going with discussion on it. Not just UM, but other top games too.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:35 pm

If Green goes to Auburn....

shoot me in the face.

Any takers?

Joe? Be a dear friend and pull that trigger?

___

Anyway, I think that would be a pretty bad move on his part. With Guz Malzahn (sp?) back in town, they're going to be running the Cam Newton offense again...which doesn't bode very well for a bruiser RB. Need evidence? Look at our roster. How many GREAT running backs have committed to us since the RR offense was put into place?

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Green is coming to Michigan, I think. I realkly don't know why other than the reasons Admin stated. Well, there is the fact that Michigan is like a family. Of the two final schools, Michigan and Auburn, both are a hike from his hometown. He'll know no one so a family presence is of major influence. Oh, and I just found out some trivial information yesterday which can put more "Wow factor" into Michigan. One of the boosters, not so sure how close he is to the program anymore as it has been years since I spokw with him, just got a Ferrari. What kind of impact would riding around South U./State St. in a Ferrari have on an 18 year-old kid?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Sorry, but I have the same bad feeling as fish...and I've had it since Malzahn was hired. I REALLY don't want him to be playing 50 miles from me, but.....

Go Blue!!

MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 pm

I believe that Green will pick us...don't ask me why but that's what I believe.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:49 pm

If Green does not pick Michigan I think it will cause me to really back off from recruiting for a while. I have been following it since around 2004 but not seriously until a couple years ago and I am tired of following players who I have never met and being bummed if a 17/18 year old kid does not pick my team...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:59 am

As long as no one creates a poll on this topic I like our chances.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:50 am

Hoke cant close out kids near signing day... He didnt last year, and will not this year.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:40 am

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
....I am tired of following players who I have never met and being bummed if a 17/18 year old kid does not pick my team...

Classic Post MF13!

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 am

EJinGA wrote:
Hoke cant close out kids near signing day... He didnt last year, and will not this year.

I think last year was a bit different. Hoke was in on a few more big targets late in the process that wanted to commit on or near the last days and none of them ended up at UM. This year we have one TOP target left that is waiting.

If you think about it, Hoke really did his "closing" on this class earlier this month by flipping Samuelson and R. Dawson, landing Hill and getting D. Dawson back on board. The way I see it is that Hoke did his closing early. Now we just have one final holdout, and he'll be blue in less than 29 hours.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 am

Well, according to Sam Webb, the only risk with Green is the "sometimes kids do crazy things and make a decision out of left field" risk. He basically says he's as confident about us getting him as you can be about any kid until they officially commit. He's certainly an important recruit for this class. He'll either be the cherry on top of an already strong class, or the second straight year that recruiting started out great but fizzled at the end.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 am

jjabilene wrote:
... He'll either be the cherry on top of an already strong class, or the second straight year that recruiting started out great but fizzled at the end...

Once again, I'm not so sure you can classify losing one recruit (albeit THE top target) near the end of recruitment as fizzling.

joe

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 pm

If we miss on him tomorrow do you think Ty Isaac comes nosing around?

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:34 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:
... He'll either be the cherry on top of an already strong class, or the second straight year that recruiting started out great but fizzled at the end...

Once again, I'm not so sure you can classify losing one recruit (albeit THE top target) near the end of recruitment as fizzling.

Well, it wouldn't be just him. We lost out on Treadwell and McQuay and lost Conley to OSU. As far as I'm concerned, none of that matters if we get Green. Even if we don't get him, it's not the end of the world, but it would be an annoying two year trend.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 pm

I like Sam Webb, but I remember his sit down with Treadwell at an airport (I believe) and Webb was confident that Michigan would be the choice.

Who knows what goes on in a 17 year old kids mind.

The latest I heard was the Green was going to devote the last 3 days to be with his family to decide where he will go. I heard his mom really wants him to play in the south, so that could be the deciding factor. Sad
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 pm

We NEED a top RB. WR would be nice but I believe we have some talent at the position already. RB is a glaring hole right now.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

jjabilene wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:

Well, it wouldn't be just him. We lost out on Treadwell and McQuay and lost Conley to OSU. As far as I'm concerned, none of that matters if we get Green. Even if we don't get him, it's not the end of the world, but it would be an annoying two year trend.

JJ.... I'll give you Treadwell for sure. For the life of me I still can't figure out how the hell we lost him. I always thought McQuay was going to Vandy the whole time. It shocked me when he chose USC but I never really held out hope for UM. As for conley, I'd have to go back to find the thread but I was beside myself when that happened and I wrote about how big of a loss that was for us.

So two out three yes... but I thought we still "closed" rather well to this point.

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:58 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:

JJ.... I'll give you Treadwell for sure. For the life of me I still can't figure out how the hell we lost him. I always thought McQuay was going to Vandy the whole time. It shocked me when he chose USC but I never really held out hope for UM. As for conley, I'd have to go back to find the thread but I was beside myself when that happened and I wrote about how big of a loss that was for us.

So two out three yes... but I thought we still "closed" rather well to this point.

He missed out on Treadwell because Michigan doesnt have the sun, the girls, the SEC spotlight. If you have ever been to Ole Miss' campus... They have some of the most beautiful girls you'll ever see.

I am starting to have a bad feeling that Green will go the way of the Treadwell...
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:17 pm

I am in the ''if he was 100% blue, he would have already committed'' camp.

This is why I believe he is not coming.

ALL articles on google (if you search Derrick Green) say Michigan the leader.

What is the hold up if this is his case? .... His mom REALLY wants him to play in the south.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Green prediction   My Green prediction Empty

Back to top Go down

My Green prediction
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next